Intro Skip not working (roku only) all shows

JerKinney

JerKinney

I've exhausted myself looking through the forums and googling the heck out of this.

Server: Synology DS220+ NAS, updated to latest package from emby yesterday also (was only a release behind)

Premier: Yes

Hardware: Roku Express 4k+

App: v4 build 71

FireTV and Chromecast/ Google TV skip fine and button shows up in browser.  I just got a Roku yesterday and with into skip enabled, the button never shows, auto skip never auto skips. 

I hope I'm just over looking something simple.

Edited by JerKinney

If I remember correctly, you have to enable the feature in the Roku app settings, too.

JerKinney

I've tried it enabled, auto, removed and re added the app and tried both again, it never seems to work 😭.  Right now it's set to auto skip.  I tested my Google TV in the guest room and my FireTV in the living room just now to make sure it wasn't yesterday's package update.  The Google TV and FireTV both work fine still. 

1 hour ago, JerKinney said:

I've tried it enabled, auto,

Hi.  There isn't an "enabled" but there is a "Show button".  What happens if you use that setting?

Also, are you testing with the exact same content as the other apps?

JerKinney

Sorry, second option "show button" and third option "auto skip" do nothing.  The same content on other platforms skip fine. The Golden Girls, Bones, and Roseanne all work on Amazon Fire TV and Google TV. Neither Button or Auto work on Roku.

JerKinney

So I enabled debugging, tried 3 episodes of TGG and Roseanne with no luck, current setting is auto skip, then use my face icon to send the logs and it said it did 🥰. Thanks for taking a gander for me! 

Edited by JerKinney

JerKinney

I dropped my phone and caught it...but it somehow marked as solution in the process... I've never been so embarrassed in my life...I unmarked it.  Sorry for the false notification.

Edited by JerKinney
Spelling and clarity.

JerKinney

That was worth the effort.  So, when getting to the intro in Bones ep2, the player completely freaks out and loops screen garbage and noise and can't go forward like it wants to skip.  I did the other two a few times as well nit expecting them to be different but figured it would be good for the logs consistency.  I wonder what the logs will say for the freak out.

It looks like you manually skipped ahead quite a bit in that item.  Did you jump into the middle of the intro or just before it or what?  Does the item seek normally manually?  What happens if you set it to show the button instead of auto skip?

JerKinney

I did skip forward to just before the intro, seeking seems to work normally.  Let me change to button and find out how it behaves! As to not keep you in suspense, I have a doctor's appointment in a bit, but should be home around 3pm ET and can conduct our experiment 😁.  I'll send the logs immediately after and update the thread as soon as it's been done.

JerKinney

Sent more logs.  Changed to button, Rosanne and TGG no change, I let Bones E3 play naturally, the skip button came up and worked.  I changed it back to automatic and played E4 and that skipped automatically.  Just tried an episode of TGG to see if that happened to somehow magically fix it, but it didn't, but I just sent that log.  So as far as I can tell, it's only effecting shows with the intro immediately at the beginning. 

1 hour ago, JerKinney said:

So as far as I can tell, it's only effecting shows with the intro immediately at the beginning. 

Okay, I know why that is.  Thanks.

JerKinney

That is good news.  Is this a bug situation, or a "Jeremy Situation?"  If there is anything I can do to help, (test, or whatnot) let me know and I'll be happy to help 🙂 

No need.  We will fix it in the app but it only should be a problem for series with intros at the very beginning (probably only old ones).

• Like 2