Can't Remote Connect to Server

GoldenSpider
Go to solution Solved by GoldenSpider,

GoldenSpider

Hi Emby community!

I'm here because I've hit a complete wall in trying to get remote access to my Emby server set up

My emby server is hosted by my Terramaster F2-210 NAS and I can't seem to get remote accesss working at all

I have tried with UPnP on and off

With port forwarding and a function my Netgear router has called port Triggering set up on both Http and Https ports

I have even tried changing the ports that are bound to the server to something other then the default as well

Nothing is working, and I am not able to connect to the server at all. I have tried myself with my phone with wifi turned off, and my friend who lives in a different state altogether has also tried to connect to it (with permission of course) and that is still not working

I'm really at a wall here, and I do not know what else to do. when checking on ismyportopen.com on both the internal and external IP addresses it says the port is closed. but I can't figure out how to open the port beyond port forwarding

Any help would really be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
GoldenSpider
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Hi @GoldenSpider were you able to get this working?

Yes I was! Sorry forgot to update. I didn’t have a port forward set up on my modem even though I had one on my router. Once I did a port forward on my modem as well it started working 

• Thanks 1