Favorites Folder

rmarcuse
Go to solution Solved by kazz63758,

kazz63758

That was the server.  I need you to install the dev version of MB Classic...

doh! 

OK,  I have MBC version 3.0.79.0.B10-23.1 installed and still no favorites image.

Edited by kazz63758

Okay, yeah, I didn't think that would be your problem because it should only have been when you changed an image, not added one in the first place.

At this point, a screen shot of windows explorer for that part of your IBN might have me spot something...

kazz63758

Here are screenshots of the Media Server folder in appdata:

mbserv.png

Next here is the original IBN folder that I first posted in this thread.  Note that there is no "General" folder.

ibn_orig.png

IBN after I created a General folder

IBN%20folder.png

Inside of General folder

General.png

And, finally,  inside of Favorites folder

favorites.png

I also created the Favorite Movies and Television folders myself.    I hope this helps....

Favorite Movies and Favorite TV need to come back out of that folder and be beside the Favorites folder.

The IBN doesn't know anything about structure.  It is simply looking up things based on a name.

Now that you have all that, the image still doesn't show in MBC for "Favorites"?

kazz63758

The Favorite Movies and TV folders are now in the General folder along with Favorites.  I restarted the MB Server and still have no images for Favorites.

For some reason,  the program just doesnt seem to see my General folder.

Are you sure you didn't point your IBN to a different directory?

Just so you know that this should work.  Here's mine:

fav1.png

fav2.png

kazz63758

How do I determine where it is pointed?  I know that during set up I did not check the custom pat box.  I just looked again and it is still blank:

IBNdash.png

Is there somewhere else that I may have changed the path by accident?

kazz63758

LOL,  well I'm glad at least that I didn't do something simple or stupid to screw it up and occupy your time for the past two days. 

I'm still wondering if it has something to do with the fact that a General folder wasn't automatically generated.  It certainly is not a huge deal regarding my using the system.

Thanks so much for your time and effort on my behalf.  I look forward to seeing where the MediaBrowser system goes in the future.

If you are willing to setup a TeamViewer session tomorrow and let me poke around on your machine I can try and take a look...

kazz63758

I don't mind trying it at all.  But I have no idea on how such a session works.  Is there a program I need to download? 

kazz63758

OK,  thanks for the link.  If you are willing to spend more time on this issue,  I will be happy to download the program and set up a session with you.  However,  I completely understand if you have more pressing items on your agenda.

kazz63758

I have the program downloaded and installed on the computer.  I'm off work tomorrow, so most any time is acceptable.

kazz63758

Not sure what time zone you are in, but let's shoot for around 1pm EDT if that's okay...

That will be fine.  I'm in central time zone.   I'm not sure how the session begins, but I will have the program running and wait to hear from you.

• Solution
kazz63758

If anyone else is following this topic--the problem is with my theme (maelstrom).  Thanks to ebr for his time and patience!

• Like 1