Favorites Folder

rmarcuse
Go to solution Solved by kazz63758,

CWNashvegas

It's not a real folder - it's a display of items marked favorite. 

If you're trying to figure out how to assign an image for it in MB Classic, there is a way to do that. You'll want to go into your ImagesByName folder, which by default is at:

C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName

Inside there, navigate to the General folder. Inside General, create a folder named "Favorites" and you can place an image named folder.jpg or folder.png to use in MB Classic.

rmarcuse

I'm sorry I should have explained, thats what happen when you try to do things in a hurry. 

I have the fav folder setup in imagebyname folder and the image is showing on the collections screen.  When I click to go in to the folder link theres another folder...then I click it and there's my movies.  I didn't create a folder in the favorites folder...theres nothing in the folder except the one image thats why I thought there might be another folder connected to it somewhere else.

Thats my question.

Good day,

Yes I see what you mean, that how MBC now fav virtual folder, as now it separated the categories section to be for movie, tv .. etc, for better and easy find out what is what in fav.

My best

• Like 1

As Abo said, there are Favorite Movie, TV, Music, Game and Books folders that can appear there.  If you only have favorite movies, you could turn on "Auto Enter Single Item Folders" in MBC and you would never see it.

kazz63758

It's not a real folder - it's a display of items marked favorite. 

If you're trying to figure out how to assign an image for it in MB Classic, there is a way to do that. You'll want to go into your ImagesByName folder, which by default is at:

C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName

Inside there, navigate to the General folder. Inside General, create a folder named "Favorites" and you can place an image named folder.jpg or folder.png to use in MB Classic.

I don't seem to have a General folder in my ImagesByName.  I did not check the custom path during setup.  Is there somewhere else it may be?  Is the General folder one I have to create?

Here's a link to a screenshot of my IBN folder.

Thanks.

CWNashvegas

I don't seem to have a General folder in my ImagesByName.  I did not check the custom path during setup.  Is there somewhere else it may be?  Is the General folder one I have to create?

Here's a link to a screenshot of my IBN folder.

Thanks.

If it's not there, just create it. 

Edit - at first your screenshot wouldn't load, which is why I worded it that way. But yes, simply create it, and when you put items in there properly, MB will know what to do with them. 

Edited by Knowledge Base

kazz63758

If it's not there, just create it. 

Edit - at first your screenshot wouldn't load, which is why I worded it that way. But yes, simply create it, and when you put items in there properly, MB will know what to do with them. 

Hmm, that is not working.  I created a General folder,  then created a Favorites folder inside of that.  In the Favorites folder is an image named folder.png.

I have restarted the mediabrowser service, and started MB Classic.  The favorites page is still blank.

Any suggestions?

kazz63758

On the opening screen of MB Classic there are categories:  Television, Movies, Documentaries, etc.  In the web client,  I assigned an image to be displayed when the category is highlighted.  When Favorites is highlighted-no image is displayed.  Sorry,  I may have used the wrong term in the previous post.

"Movies" screen

"Favorites" screen

Sorry,  I'm not sure how to embed thumbnails in posts.   Thanks for your help.

Interesting.  I don't see us even trying to retrieve the primary image there.  Can I see the MBC log that matches up with that server log?

kazz63758

Interesting.  I don't see us even trying to retrieve the primary image there.  Can I see the MBC log that matches up with that server log?

Where are these logs located?  I go into appdata\roaming\mediarowser-classic\  and all I have is a Configuration folder.  No logs are found.

mboehler

Where are these logs located?  I go into appdata\roaming\mediarowser-classic\  and all I have is a Configuration folder.  No logs are found.

C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic\Logs

kazz63758

OK,  found the log (with help) and I only see two lines that occur at the same time as the server log I posted earlier.  If you need more,  let me know and I will post whatever time frame you recommend

MBC Log

Thanks for your time and effort.

kazz63758

I started a new session with MBC this morning and scrolled through the Favorites menu.  Here is the log from that session.  I figured the two lines I posted last night would not be much help;

MBC log  10/23

Thanks again!

Thanks for hanging with me.

This may be an obscure bug.  I have found a situation where we won't re-retrieve an IBN general image if it changes (because we really have no way of knowing if it did) and I've fixed that.  It doesn't seem like that should be your problem since you never had an image but it may actually be related.

Can you please set your MBC update level to "dev" and then install the update I'm about to put up and see if your Favorites image shows up?

kazz63758

OK,  I installed 3.0.5043.36249   and the issue is still present.

Should I stay with this version or roll back to the beta?

and Thank You for hanging with me!

OK,  I installed 3.0.5043.36249   and the issue is still present.

Should I stay with this version or roll back to the beta?

and Thank You for hanging with me!

That was the server.  I need you to install the dev version of MB Classic...