Having Trouble With Guide Data in 4.7.10

justpushplay

justpushplay

Hi All,

I just now noticed that I had no guide data past this afternoon, (11.26.22) so I went in to refresh it, and now I don't have any guide data at all. I have deleted and restarted the Emby guide source and the HDHomerun Quatro tuner, but no change, no guide data. It briefly shows a bit of green bar, then stops. I am pulling down OTA data for the 65737 zip code. Reboots, etc. have no effect. I've included the log file from immediately after attempting to load the guide data. I am currently on Starlink for internet, but it is no different when I go to my AT&T LTE backup. Also, no change whether I'n on PIA VPN or not. Has anyone else experienced this since the 4.7.10 update?

embyserver.txt

HI, thanks for following up. I'm not quite sure what happened but in the log it looks like bad or empty data may have been coming from our guide data provider for a short period of time.

justpushplay

Mods, let me know if I should start a new thread for this.

Hi again,

The guide issue just resurfaced, when I realized that some shows didn't record this week. Here's the log, and let me know if you need anything else to help out.

embyserver.txt

justpushplay

I posted this earlier in a previous thread, but it has reappeared after solving itself.

I noticed some scheduled recordings did not record this week, and noticed that I was missing guide data. I attempted to refresh the guide date, which started to download, with just a bit of the green progress bar, then quit. Guide data did not get updated, so I'm wondering if this is isolated to me, or if it occurs for anyone else here. Luke said the logs showed that there may have been some missing data from their guide data provider. Is it just my zip code? (65737) Log is attached below.

embyserver.txt

justpushplay

Hi Luke,

It's not any one specific channel, the guide gets truncated across all channels. Again, I'm pulling data for OTA in the 65737 zip. In this specific case, it is now 11:20PM, and the guide was only populated to 4AM. I just refreshed the guide, and it only updated to 9AM. The preferences are set to the maximum 14 day refresh. I included another log taken after the refresh. Is there something else that I could try to help? 

Michael

embyserver.txt

I know this is a dumb question but have you double checked to make sure your guide is being populated by THE Emby guide data? Also, have you restarted your server and any client devices and cleared your cache? 

justpushplay

I can tell it isn't updating by looking at the guide. All the channels in the guide are blank after that hour. The server has been rebooted, safari browser cache etc. cleared, Emby server cache cleared, and MacMini rebooted. Emby guide data deleted, and started from scratch. Not sure what to try next. Log and screenshot attached.

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 3.54.51 PM.png

embyserver.txt

Ok. Click on the channel logo then click on the three dots and choose edit metadata and it’ll show you what source it’s using for guide data. Just make sure it’s the Emby guide data and on the correct corresponding channel. I attached a few pics because I always feel like it’s easier if someone (me, lol) can see it. ☺️

54DA6DEB-3664-4B40-9040-26857EFF0946.jpeg

B06BE6E3-B977-493A-AD83-B3B1860E6C94.jpeg

B5B6AE9C-73FC-455F-A581-AEAFFB0C5A18.jpeg

Man, that is really weird. Just trying to think outside of the box here, is it possible that the destination folder that holds the guide data is mostly full and can only hold a few hrs of new data? 

justpushplay

Oh wait. That's going all the way out to Jan. 21st?

EDIT: Where is the destination folder? Looking through stuff I've found station logos and such.

Edited by justpushplay

justpushplay

And this is a  3 week old clean install of MacOS Monterey. The only thing this Mac does is sit in the rack and run Emby and Apple Music. No email, no surfing other than Emby and occasionally radar when it storms. 

EDIT: Tomorrow I'll go in and delete all the Emby stuff including the hidden library and start all over. All of the media resides on an external drive

so it's not much to start fresh.

Edited by justpushplay

justpushplay

Yes, it worked, for at least the local channels that DTV carries.

Wait, shouldn't it have populated with ALL of the stuff DTV carries.

Great! Only the channels for which you manually change the guide data source will update. Each individual channel has to be pointed to the desired source and corresponding channel #. Kind of a pain at first, but once you get it set up it’s rock solid. 

justpushplay

just tried loading Dish Network USA, and it only loaded the same 4 locals, which in fact are not all of the locals. Flummoxed, I am!!

Strange indeed. So it’s possible that the guide data for your area is incomplete. Which channels you looking for? I can check on my server, just need a zip too please