Outdated version in Samsung app store

Rolivaras

It can also be caused by slow disks.  Is the media on the same server (sata/sas) or mapped file shares?  Just remember that the data rate on the server will be double the file bitrate as it has to receive the file from the file server (if it's a mapped drive) then transmit it to the TV.

Can you try a cable between the router to the TV to eliminate wireless issues?

I have only seen this issue when there are network issues.  I have experienced the exact same issue on my Samsung TV.  The Samsung TV's only have a very small buffer, so if there is any delay it can have an immediate effect.  Other devices keep a larger buffer, so are more tolerant.  This might explain why the TVBox doesn't have the same issues.

How powerful is the server?  What are its specs?

However, I am certain that this is a network/data access speed issue

Rolivaras

I'm going to test it with cable to see how it will behave. I use google storage for the files. My server is personal and simple, an I7 4790K and an RTX3070 16GB RAM 1866mhz.

See that in this video that I recorded, it illustrates a little of my problem. When playing directly through the TV app, without subtitles, it flows well, but when I activate the subtitles, the crashes start. (Subtitles embedded in the container).

Rolivaras

30 subtitles 😐. I hadn't noticed there were so many. But apparently the embedded subtitles are causing these crashes. And I did tests with TVBox and it also happens, on a smaller scale, but it happens.

12 minutes ago, Rolivaras said:

30 subtitles 😐. I hadn't noticed there were so many. But apparently the embedded subtitles are causing these crashes. And I did tests with TVBox and it also happens, on a smaller scale, but it happens.

Yes, that's your problem.  If there are more than about 20 streams you can expect problems.  There is no hard and fast rule (it's probably dependent on a few factors) but over 20 you may experience problems.

I use MkvToolNix to extract only the streams I want into a new file.  No conversion occurs, and it is about as quick as your drives can read/write to disk.

You can also explore this plugin which was made exactly for this purpose.  Please read and understand how it works (make a test first) before processing your whole library

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rolivaras said:

I'll run the tests.  But the crash problem also happens in files with two subtitles.

OK, that might have a different cause.  Let me know how you go

• 1 month later...
Rolivaras

I did the tests and the result is that even with one subtitle track, if I leave it activated (subtitles) in files with high bitrate rates, it will end up crashing or bottlenecking. The impression is that my TV can't handle it.

Note: Using network cable.

The last updates 1.50 and 1.51 improved the performance, but I'm still having difficulties.

1 hour ago, Rolivaras said:

Just as a test, try wireless.  it may have more bandwidth that way.

6 hours ago, Rolivaras said:

I did the tests and the result is that even with one subtitle track, if I leave it activated (subtitles) in files with high bitrate rates, it will end up crashing or bottlenecking. The impression is that my TV can't handle it.

The last updates 1.50 and 1.51 improved the performance, but I'm still having difficulties.

I know you said two subtitle tracks, how many audio tracks does it have?  Is it just this file that has issues, or all files?  Is the server remote or local (on the same LAN)?

Edited by SamES

Rolivaras
9 hours ago, ebr said:

Just as a test, try wireless.  it may have more bandwidth that way.

In fact, I'm under the impression that the TV's network adapter is just fast Ethernet. But I was using it via wireless and the same problem happened.

4 hours ago, SamES said:

I know you said two subtitle tracks, how many audio tracks does it have?  Is it just this file that has issues, or all files?  Is the server remote or local (on the same LAN)?

Yes I'm using via local network (same LAN). The file usually has a high bitrate around 17mbps to 30mbps and has a maximum of 2 audio tracks. It doesn't just happen on a specific file. If I just put it to play, without messing it up or putting subtitles, it usually works. But if I start to move forward or backward, put subtitles, then it crashes, and just closing and opening again.