Outdated version in Samsung app store

Rolivaras

Rolivaras

Good morning, I changed the region of my tv, because in my country there is no emby app. I installed it via the app store, and when trying to connect to the server, after login, I get the following message:

Unable to connect to the selected server. Please make sure it is running and try again.

All other devices are connecting normally, just the TV that is not.

I verified that the installed version of the app store is Version 1.1.03, and in the forum, it says that there are already more recent versions.

FrostByte
36 minutes ago, Rolivaras said:

Good morning, I changed the region of my tv, because in my country there is no emby app. I installed it via the app store, and when trying to connect to the server, after login, I get the following message:

Unable to connect to the selected server. Please make sure it is running and try again.

All other devices are connecting normally, just the TV that is not.

I verified that the installed version of the app store is Version 1.1.03, and in the forum, it says that there are already more recent versions.

What model/year TV do you have?  On my Q8FN 2018 there is 1.2.6 in the store

Hi, yes that is the latest in the store for your device. We have an update in Samsung review, but if you want access to it without waiting you'll need to install via USB.

Rolivaras
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

Olá, sim, é o mais recente na loja para o seu dispositivo. Temos uma atualização no review da Samsung, mas se você quiser acessá-la sem esperar vai precisar instalar via USB.

The question is.  Will it work via usb?  Because this version of my device does not connect to my server.

45 minutes ago, Rolivaras said:

The question is.  Will it work via usb?  Because this version of my device does not connect to my server.

Hi, there's no reason why it shouldn't, so please it and let us know. Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...
Rolivaras

I installed USB version 1.4.8 and it connected to my server.
However, some bugs I ended up noticing:

- 4K content, starts playing for a few seconds and: stutters after. Or it plays, but no audio comes out. And the subtitle does not load (SSA embedded in the container).

- With regard to SSA subtitles, sometimes some parts are lost, as it freezes for a few seconds.

- The subtitles, as in other versions of Emby, take some time to load, after starting playback.

- Some media, it is not possible to move forward or backward, as it keeps loading and does not come back.

- The transitions through the navigation of the application are well locked, as if it were at 10 FPS.

- I keep testing to see if there are any more bugs.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-f863befe-4bc4-473b-b500-0dcb931b03a9_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-a51271b0-581b-4ee2-9ff5-8cb26f2fd149_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-4cb743a9-f17f-4c8f-8cce-ced331ea121d_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-ad5490a5-92b6-4ada-bcbd-72691558aa74_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-c321ded3-32e1-40cc-89ba-dc149984451b_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-c5337c07-8420-4c9a-8d9e-e665806e011e_1.txt

1 hour ago, rooser11 said:

@Luke if we sideload the current version, 1.4.8, then will it expire on December 17 since it was compiled on November 17?  

Yes, but we usually start putting up messages about it a few days before that.

21 hours ago, Rolivaras said:

I installed USB version 1.4.8 and it connected to my server.
However, some bugs I ended up noticing:

- 4K content, starts playing for a few seconds and: stutters after. Or it plays, but no audio comes out. And the subtitle does not load (SSA embedded in the container).

- With regard to SSA subtitles, sometimes some parts are lost, as it freezes for a few seconds.

- The subtitles, as in other versions of Emby, take some time to load, after starting playback.

- Some media, it is not possible to move forward or backward, as it keeps loading and does not come back.

- The transitions through the navigation of the application are well locked, as if it were at 10 FPS.

- I keep testing to see if there are any more bugs.

embyserver.txt 323.03 kB · 1 download ffmpeg-transcode-f863befe-4bc4-473b-b500-0dcb931b03a9_1.txt 14.02 kB · 1 download ffmpeg-transcode-a51271b0-581b-4ee2-9ff5-8cb26f2fd149_1.txt 22.52 kB · 1 download ffmpeg-transcode-4cb743a9-f17f-4c8f-8cce-ced331ea121d_1.txt 27.54 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-ad5490a5-92b6-4ada-bcbd-72691558aa74_1.txt 27.4 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-c321ded3-32e1-40cc-89ba-dc149984451b_1.txt 18.29 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-transcode-c5337c07-8420-4c9a-8d9e-e665806e011e_1.txt 37.32 kB · 1 download

Hi, I'm not sure this will affect these or not, but can you please try installing today's 1.4.9 update and let us know how that compares? Thanks.

Rolivaras
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, I'm not sure this will affect these or not, but can you please try installing today's 1.4.9 update and let us know how that compares? Thanks.

Thanks @Luke for the new version. I installed version 1.4.9 and it appears that there is an improvement in navigation transitions.
But the issues reported above regarding 4K content and even some 1080p (large files) are still occurring.

embyserver.txt

Rolivaras

I would like to know if it's a problem with the TV application or if it's on the server.  Perhaps the video card, or configuration, as it is being streamed via DIRECT PLAYBACK.

If it's the video card, then I would get another one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, Rolivaras said:

I would like to know if it's a problem with the TV application or if it's on the server.  Perhaps the video card, or configuration, as it is being streamed via DIRECT PLAYBACK.

If it's the video card, then I would get another one.

HI, does it happen with smaller/lower bitrate files? I don't think it's related to the video card in the server.

Rolivaras

Do not.  Apparently only videos with large files are freezing, as if the connection was bad.  And using the app for Android a TV box of dubious quality, it works perfectly.

I made a Premium subscription to test and it keeps crashing.

I want to get the lifetime subscription, but I needed to resolve these issues first.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 4:16 PM, Rolivaras said:

Do not.  Apparently only videos with large files are freezing, as if the connection was bad.  And using the app for Android a TV box of dubious quality, it works perfectly.

I made a Premium subscription to test and it keeps crashing.

I want to get the lifetime subscription, but I needed to resolve these issues first.

@Rolivaras This isn't necessarily a problem with the Emby app. It looks more like an issue of getting data from point A to point B quickly enough. Are you still having an issue with this?

Marcus1305

It would be really nice if you could update the version on the Samsung store because this problem with validity period expiring is very annoying especially for users who have TV mounted on the wall it is always a hassle.

3 hours ago, Marcus1305 said:

It would be really nice if you could update the version on the Samsung store because this problem with validity period expiring is very annoying especially for users who have TV mounted on the wall it is always a hassle.

2020-2022 devices have just been updated in the store. 2018-2019 devices still have the update waiting in Samsung review. Older devices than that can't be updated the store anymore due to Samsung not accepting updates for them.

3 hours ago, Marcus1305 said:

Is there any possible workaround for validity period?

It is a Samsung requirement, not an emby, so the only solution is to install the latest USB version until your store version is updated.

I looks like a network speed issue.  I've seen this same effect when the network (could be router, switch, server) cannot keep up.

Is the TV on the same (local) network as the server, or is it a remote connection?

I can see from your video that it is playing with DirectPlay.  When you play on the Android App, is it the same connection (remote or local) and is it DirectPlay, or is the video or audio being converted?

Rolivaras
44 minutes ago, SamES said:

Parece um problema de velocidade de rede. Já vi esse mesmo efeito quando a rede (pode ser roteador, switch, servidor) não consegue acompanhar.

A TV está na mesma rede (local) que o servidor ou é uma conexão remota?

Posso ver no seu vídeo que ele está sendo reproduzido com o DirectPlay. Quando você joga no aplicativo Android, é a mesma conexão (remota ou local) e é DirectPlay ou o vídeo ou o áudio está sendo convertido?

It shouldn't be the network, as I took great care to size it (Equipment and configurations). An example is that I use a TVBox with the Emby for Android application and it works perfectly.

I noticed that if I set it to play on TV without subtitles, it still works, but if I set it to play with subtitles, it starts to have these crashes, then even if I remove the subtitles option, it doesn't go back to normal, just turning it off. I only took this test once.

In the video, it was playing in directplay both video and audio. Test done on local connection. (Router > Switch > PC - Cable) (Router > TV - WiFi 6 ).