create admin permissions

kbrawl
Go to solution Solved by Q-Droid,

i would like the server to request my permission before making alterations to things perhaps a menu similar to the meta data menu. picture for example.

i would like it to be something we can toggle on and off for example if it wants to make a change to meta data it would request permission or combine with other series to make a collection. this should apply on a file by file basis not a library basis similar to meta data menu for individual folders or files.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 22-01-12 Emby.png

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, when does the server make an alteration?

pretty much only when gathering meta data other time its just some weird error where it mistakes previously identified content or when you have a collection in a single folder it will scramble the file names.  but the idea the server going hey there has been an update to meta data source can i update this. and i would give a yes or no similar to windows asking permission.

The problem is, how does Emby know it's an alteration? It doesn't know because it thinks it has the right info based on the file names.

So I think the answer to this is help us improve that by giving us complete examples so that we can look for ways to improve the file parsing and internet metadata downloading.

• Like 1

then is there a way to make emby stop identifying or gathering dat from any source on a file by file basis like an white list or blacklist list.

• Solution
Q-Droid

You can already lock the metadata for items so they don't change from 3-dot -> Edit Metadata and also the Metadata Manager.

• Agree 1