Current playlist layout

VoTh92

Hello Emby-community,

I'm using Emby on my Apple TV 4K mainly for listening to music (because video streaming have a terrible bad quality with MPV and is therefore not an option for me).

Would it be possible to get an alternative layout for the currently active playlist.

The current layout with the big covers and left/right scrolling is not really handy.

I think an additonal button to switch the view of the playlist to line-by-line would be very helpful.

Would that be possible?

Thx in advance

Thomas

You're right, it is almost equal with Apple Music, but why not doing better? 😉

At least in Apple Music when I go back to the mediathek I'm still at the position where I started the playback and have an animated identicator at the row of the currently playing song.

Regarding playlist I'm also not really happy with the solution from Apple, but the advantage with Emby is, that I can ask the developer 😉

I mean visually it's nice to have the current layout with the big covers, but practically it would be good to have at least the possibility to switch temporarily to a different row-wise view for selecting the next song.

when I go back to the mediathek I'm still at the position where I started the playback

Hi, what exactly do you mean by this?

Sry, for this weird description from my side, but I just wanted to mention this small difference between Emby and AppleTV, that when going back to the mediathek (by clicking "back" twice) that there is a small animated icon at the currently playing song in the album.

But that's definitely not what I wanted to point out in this thread and possibly another, seperate topic.

For me the more important point is an option to have a row-wise playlist, which I have e.g. on my iPhone with the Apple Music App.

Would be interesting to know, why Apple did not integrate this on AppleTV...

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, VoTh92 said:

@Luke Do you think it’s feasible to implement such an option in Emby for AppleTV?

To be clear, what you're asking for is not just an option but a whole new alternative screen to be developed :) We still have more work to do with the new player but as that eventually comes to completion, yes if there's enough demand for something like this then it's always a possibility.

• Agree 1

Ok understood.

I totally agree, that working on a new player have definitely a higher priority. 
Would be great to be able to use Emby again for video streaming instead of Infuse which costs again extra money..

So then I would say we can put this topic here temporarily on hold and resume it when the development of the new player is finished. 

• Thanks 1