Emby not working anymore on IPAD mini 2, version 2.2.6 (3) / (4)

jscoys

jscoys

Hello, I noticed that Emby is not working anymore on IPAD mini 2 (2014 model with IOS 12.5.6) starting from Emby IOS version 2.2.6 (3). Tried several times to uninstall it, reinstall it without success. Same for 2.2.6 (4).

It remains stuck on the Emby logo screen from the very beginning, and nothing happens, have to kill the app.

Version 2.2.6 (1) works properly.

Something changed between 2.2.6 (1) & 2.2.6 (3)?

jscoys

Hello Luke! Well seems 12.5.6 is the last subversion of IOS 12 we can get... About iOS 12 Updates - Apple Support

To be honest I don't see how a small version increment from 12.5.x --> 12.6 could have fixed the issue here. Seems related to something that changed in the Emby IOS App.

Did you check if there is a specific change between 2.2.6 (1) & 2.2.6 (3) that could explain the issue?

• 3 weeks later...
jscoys

Ok and did you check the changes in the code between 2.2.6 (1) & 2.2.6 (3)? I’m pretty sure it’s just a very small thing that you can fix to make it work again. Let me know if you need me to test anything.

• 1 month later...
K1ng_Lear

Yesterday got my wife's iPad an automatic update of the app from the app store from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6. Unfortunately doesn't the app start anymore. It freezes at start screen with the emby logo while the  further version runs without any issue. I attached the server log.

embyserver.txt

• Agree 1

Seppel81

Hello, 
please don't be surprised, I don't write in English that often.

Unfortunately, I also have the problem. The problem has arisen only two days ago. The iPad I use as a sport iPAD with Emby....

Had thought the app had a problem, reinstalled unfortunately again only the Emby logo. Then reset iPad, installed Emby and again only the Emby logo. 

When installing more apps I noticed something:
The iOS system is already older and in the iOS App Store comes the message: The app can not be installed, should the latest for the iOS be installed?

This came with all apps except the Emby app. Can it be that not the latest Emby App version for the 12.x iOS 

iPAD Model: iPad Air
Number: A1475
iOS: 12.5.7

also having the same issue here. my older ipad air and ipad minis both running 12.5.7 and can not be updated beyond that no longer work as of the latest update. have 2 newer ipads that run 15 and 17 both working fine. any way to get back to the old version of the app?

• Like 1

Emby for iOS 2.2.6 doesn't work properly on an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 12.4, as it gets stuck on the app's launch page and cannot be resolved by restarting the device or reinstalling the app.

Leinad86

Hello everyone, one of my users has the same problem. iPad mini IOS 12.5.7. emby app hangs after launch. Reinstalling emby and ipdad didn't work. He then tried to go to emby via Safari/Chrome, not even that works for him anymore. All other devices work perfectly.

@Luke is there anything new about the status and when can a fix be expected?

Thanks very much

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, fewpeople said:

Any news on this ? , i hope we all don't have to buy $700 ipads to fix this.

Hi, not yet but we are looking into it. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Seppel81
On 2/28/2023 at 10:01 PM, Luke said:

Hi, not yet but we are looking into it. Thanks.

Is there already a date for the bug fix. This is really really annoying.
Thanks

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
uhu2001de

We have now April. From November to today no bugfix. Please restore the old Version or make the old version selectable in the app store.

Thanks

uhu2001de

• Agree 1

tampoon

Plz do. I thought there was a way to have old apps that work with up to x iOS version available. I'm at the point that I'm about to purchase a POS android tablet just to resolve this. At least on Android this is less likely to happen.