'latest' version for releases

veehexx1

veehexx1

Currently, emby-server-deb_4.7.10.0_amd64.deb  is the latest server stable. I assume theres similar for client apps too.

Could there be a direct re-usable link, something like 'emby-server-deb_latest_amd64.deb' that is consistently pointing to the lastest version?

This would benefit in various areas having a known and reusable url:

• reduce/eliminate the requirement to browse to the downloads section to obtain a link.
  • provides the ability to script the update via ansible, cron etc (ansible is actually the reason i've raised this FR)
  • potentially simplify documentation/download references as they can always point to latest version
  • keeps local disk space reduced as it overwrites the existing file, rather than having to manually clean up old downloads.
  • Could be somehow leveraged by the emby webhook/api so when an update becomes available, that event could trigger a user-created script that would ensure emby is always upto date.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you need it for scripting purposes you could always call the github api to get the version linked to the latest release tag and build the url yourself.
Something like the quick test I did below.

image.thumb.png.64acc74cedcedf86c26de8b376011841.png