Display in secondary home screen sections.

Bottles51

Bottles51

Is it possible to have the two things split to: display in continue watching on home-screen and display as latest media. This could solve the problem of the same movie showing twice when you are using certain plugins. Also would like to maybe remove latest movies but would like to show up in continue watching.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

Happy2Play

The issue is plugins creating additional database items so they have to multi-versioned via grouping plugin to avoid multiple listings via Search and CW.

Happy2Play
29 minutes ago, Bottles51 said:

Yes but if you was to tell say new releases not to show in continue watching, would that not eliminate that issue?

Are you saying it doesn't already do that?

image.png.e4f2692931b66df27c42e85586e53aa2.png

Bottles51
On 11/23/2022 at 9:18 PM, Happy2Play said:

Are you saying it doesn't already do that?

image.png.e4f2692931b66df27c42e85586e53aa2.png

Yes So if you uncheck display in secondary home screen such as latest media and continue watching, then the home screen row will be gone and if your media item is in that library you will not get a continue watching. What I am proposing  is that they are two separate options so you could for example leave the row on the home screen but not show in continue watching. This could be a fix for New Releases And Top Picks showing in continue watching which would prevent the double or triple of the same item in CW.

Happy2Play

@Bottles51 I get it, so you want three options instead of two.

Display on home screen

Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media

Display in continue watching

Note this is not limited to plugins as any item in more than one library that is not grouped will do this.

But these plugins just amplify the issue more as they are creating additional item entries in the database.  

Easiest fix is grouping them via plugin.

Bottles51

@Happy2Play so in my test I ran, I unchecked Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching on the New Release plugin.

I then played a movie from new releases to a resume point. I stopped movie and there was one in continue watching from my main movie library. I then rechecked the option and there was two. So i believe if these were separate options, we could uncheck show in continue watching and this would at least solve the multiples showing in CW. Also the grouping plugin I believe was not meshing well with these plugins so i did not want to use it. I don't keep multiple of movies so i have never used it.

Edited by Bottles51

Happy2Play

In the end it is up to the devs as this has to be a core change but can be resolved now with the plugin.

• 5 weeks later...
dRuEFFECT
On 11/25/2022 at 8:08 PM, Happy2Play said:

@Bottles51 I get it, so you want three options instead of two.

Display on home screen
Display in continue watching

I agree, I want this as well. However I also use the Next Up (legacy) home screen option in addition to Continue Watching, so I'd like a fourth option in this list for Display in Next Up (legacy) for all libraries.

In my server, I record daily news programs but I don't watch all of them every day. I like to go to the latest media section for that library and jump right into whatever is the most recent recording. With the current settings, if I'm looking to catch up on a series in my TV Shows library, the Continue Watching/Next Up section is showing newer episodes of TV recordings when I don't need to watch every episode, so I have to manually "Remove from Continue Watching" in order to keep the Next Up section clean. I'd just like to not have them there in Next Up at all, and simply scroll down to see what the latest is for everything in that library.

So in my case, I'd like to disable Next Up but keep Continue Watching enabled, this way if I stop a news program in the middle I can see it in Continue Watching to resume it, but after that new episodes won't pop up in Next Up.

So then 4 home screen options per library:

Display on Home Screen
Display in Continue Watching
Display in Next Up (legacy)

I'd donate money if it meant I can get this prioritized.

Edited by dRuEFFECT
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi, expanded control of home screen content is planned for future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1