E-mail notifications intermitant failures

Dickydodah!

Dickydodah!

I have sucessfully configured the email notification to send notifications using outlook.com. One of the users has a GMail address and this always works however the other user has a BTinternet address and this fails now and again with the error below. This failure can be just one out of ten emails being sent when a whole series is added.

2022-11-23 10:00:46.054 Info App: Sending email XXX.YYYYYYY@btinternet.com with subject Emby: New FBI: Most Wanted - S4, Ep7 - Karma on Emby Server
2022-11-23 10:00:47.191 Error App: Error sending email: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: 4.3.2 Concurrent connections limit exceeded. Visit https://aka.ms/concurrent_sending for more information. [Hostname=GV1PR08MB8281.eurprd08.prod.outlook.com]
   at System.Net.Mail.DataStopCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String serverResponse)
   at System.Net.Mail.DataStopCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Complete(Exception exception, IAsyncResult result)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
   at MediaBrowser.Plugins.SmtpNotifications.Notifier.SendNotification(UserNotification request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 

I've searched the forum and this looks like the issue with Gmail and the need for an updated to use the newer protocols however that doesn't explain why all emails work for one user and only 9 out of 10 work for the other. If this is the same problem which other notification method is the easiest to setup as I'm not too bother how we get the notifications?

Concurrent connections limit exceeded.

If this is the issue then it won't be a problem for much longer as 4.8 will be revamping this so that they get sent out in a background queue one at a time.

• Like 1

Dickydodah!

Is the message from the sending server i.e. Outlook.com? It does look as if it is which is strange in that the notifications are being sent to two email adresses at the same time and it's allways this adress thet gets the failure. Not a problem as I'm only playing around with it at the moment but it's good to hear that 4.8 will use a background queue as I'm sure outlook.com will regard this mass mailing as an attempt to send spam.

@Luke is 4.8 far away or expected in the next few months? I'm not asking for a promised delivery date as I know that's impossible until it's actually ready 😀