Emby Theater error

GrayAgain

GrayAgain

I am receiving a Visual C++ Runtime Library error only when trying to play a certain series, other series it works perfectly.

This is the C++ Runtime Library error:

Assertion failed!

Program: ...
File: ../video/zimg.c
Line: 242

Expression: !(i & (mp_repack_get_align_y(r->repack) - 1))

This problem is only on the desktop version of the Emby theater, the Mobile and Web work fine with no issues, only the desktop app of Emby Theater has issues

System OS: Windows 10
C++ Version: 2015-2022 version - 14.31.31103.0
Emby Theater: 3.0.17
Video Format (trying to play): mkv

Emby Server Version: 4.7.8.0

Thanks for all the help

error.png

I am also getting this exact issue.

Emby Theatre shows it as 2hour film, 4K HEVC HDR10 with audio English TRUEHD 7.1 (Default) no subtitles

MKVToolNIX has the following info

Track 1: video, codec ID: V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC (HEVC profile: Main 10 @L5.1), mkvmerge/mkvextract track ID: 0, language: und, pixel width: 3840, pixel height: 2160, display width: 3840, display height: 2160, default duration: 41.708ms (23.976 frames/fields per second for a video track)
Track 2: audio, codec ID: A_TRUEHD, mkvmerge/mkvextract track ID: 1, sampling freq: 48000, channels: 8
Track 3: audio, codec ID: A_AC3, mkvmerge/mkvextract track ID: 2, default duration: 32.000ms (31.250 frames/fields per second for a video track), sampling freq: 48000, channels: 6
Track 4: subtitles, codec ID: S_HDMV/PGS, mkvmerge/mkvextract track ID: 3
Track 5: subtitles, codec ID: S_HDMV/PGS, mkvmerge/mkvextract track ID: 4
Track 6: subtitles, codec ID: S_HDMV/PGS, mkvmerge/mkvextract track ID: 5, language: fre
Track 7: subtitles, codec ID: S_HDMV/PGS, mkvmerge/mkvextract track ID: 6, language: ita

I have tried with acceleration features disabled & disabling audio passthrough
The alternative audio stream doesn't work either

1Untitled.png

Edited by TC100
added emby media info

GrayAgain

2 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, what kind of files does this happen with? Can you please provide an example? Thanks.

Here's the media info for a episode, the only difference from this and other series is that this on has 18 different subs compared to the the other series that have at max 8.

image.thumb.png.613f0f1713af714d7ad0857448375a9d.png

pgriffith

Getting the same on my install, it's 3.0.17 issue.

I watched a TV episode one night in bed and fell asleep and missed the last half of it, using 16 at this point.

Went to watch the exact same file the very next night after it must have updated to 17 and I couldn't play it, pulling the exact same error as in first post above. Have 2 other installs that are still on 16 and they play the file fine.

image.png.31db5ce4087cee3ecb5d6b85a0e05d94.png

Dizzy49

Same, I think it has to do with the # of subtitles.  I've had 5 files in the past week that wouldn't play, all had more than 16 subtitles

This particular one has 32

image.thumb.png.3f6e0cf8f84f1f94123de822b760c85b.png

Dizzy49

Nevermind what I said about it being the subtitles.  No sooner do I post that than I prove it wrong...

I have two version of the same file.  One that is supposed to be "HDR" and the other "HDR+".  The HDR+ version will play, the HDR version will not.  It looks like the common element from all in this thread is the "Video Range   HDR10"

Here is the HDR+ Info:

image.thumb.png.41badcb0fdacc24db313535db29845ed.png

And here is the HDR Version:

image.thumb.png.6f67ea4c5ea9f7af91f74c7f8738963d.png

I had the exact same issue...  Not sure if this helps

Downgraded to version 3.0.16 resolved this issue.

Releases · MediaBrowser/emby-theater-windows · GitHub

The link I included has all the versions.  Download the version appropriate to your OS.  Since  Emby theater is self contained, you can copy this folder to a place on your pc (program files, desktop, documents, spare drive, wherever...) and create an icon on your desktop.

Thanks Emby Team for all your help, I am sure you will resolve this issue, but until then use 3.0.16...

thanks...

Stan...

Edited by iamneo

Dizzy49
7 hours ago, iamneo said:

I just realized that Emby 3:16 will save your media... LOL

That took me HOURS to finally get.  :P

• Haha 1

Dizzy49
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you please try this build and let me know how it compares?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjmartey16d2ja1/emby-theater.zip?dl=0

Thanks.

I am assuming that I just copy and paste that into my existing folder:   C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system

If that is the case, then I am still getting an error.

image.png.df8bec011714550ae7bd66acac54ae93.png

I have tried it as well... and got the same error

If you need I am willing to give you temp access to my server, to allow you to test.  

Playing the 4K HEVC will cause the error, playing the 1080p HEVC works with no issues

Hope this helps...

Stan....

EmbyError.JPG

EmbyError2.jpg

Dizzy49

@Luke

I get audio, but no video.

And the HDR files that used to play fine also have audio and no video.

Non HDR stuff appears fine.

Edited by Dizzy49

generiq

Everything plays for me, but I'm not using HDR passthrough. I tried all three renderers, and I had successful playback each time with tone mapping by mpv. I suspect they need to use gpu-next. 

What settings are you guys using? Both for audio and video. Are you using an mpv.conf?

Edited by generiq

Dizzy49

I think I am pretty vanilla, I know I haven't changed anything on my Theater side.  

I know a while back I managed to extend the "Continue Watching" out to 50.  Don't remember where I did it, wish I did b/c I'd like to do it for TV and Anime listings too :D

image.png.168445df88fb22eb0a2d7ccca1805cec.png

generiq

Do me a favor, play something, and take a screenshot of the stats for nerds in Theater. ctrl + j

Edited by generiq

Tried the latest version

- Just a bunch of colorful lines showed up with sound

- when I closed  Emby Theater, it was still in the task manager, so I had to kill the task

- Emby would not allow me to play any other versions.  I could select a 1080p version, but emby would ignore and play the 4K version

thanks...

Stan...

image.thumb.jpeg.b6f9fa7dc11555144d27f76d8ca82750.jpeg