Problem accessing Emby through LTE

Dan@Emby

Dan@Emby

Hi,

As the title say, I have a little problem accessing my Emby server via LTE.

I use my Synology NAS connected to an LTE router. 

All Synology services do work remotely trough quickconnect.

Things I have done so far:

• created a DynDNS Hostname with the public iPv4 Address of my NAS (and consequently Emby).
  • installed the No-IP "Dynamic Update Client" on a computer on the same network as my NAS
  • configured the Dynamic Update Client to connect to my No-IP account
  • opened the port that Emby runs on on my LTE router.

However, for some reason I still cannot reach my Emby server through the domain I set via No-IP.

I must have missed something, but somehow I cannot make out why.

And what I also do not understand fully, is that all my Synology services do run through quickconnect.

Is there maybe a way to have Emby go through quickconnect too?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Edited by Dan@Emby

Dan@Emby

I basically just opened TCP/UDP Ports 8096 and 8920 on my router. 

I suspect this has to do with me not getting a static IPV4 address thanks to being on LTE, which is why I setup the NoIP Dynamic update client  and DynDNS.

What I do not get is why I can connect to my NAS via Quickconnect but not in any other way. 

I tried routing traffic through a VPN to get a static IPV4 Address but was not successful (I think the server I used was too slow giving me a no response error due to timeout).

I have looked at the link, but unfortunately it is not very helpful in my situation, as I am behind an NAT thanks to using LTE for my connection.

Is there any way I could maybe do this, maybe through a domain and how would I have to do this?

I have never had my own domain so far, but I am open to the idea and would love to try, just need someone to kind of guide me along the way.

Edited by Dan@Emby