Emby Classic

aziz

3 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi that remote and the green button were created by Microsoft. Android is unaware of it.

Hi ebr,

I might have explained wrongly.  I am not talking about the Microsoft Remote.. i am actually talking about the Android TV remote (very nice.. only 4 buttons plus jog wheel and ok.).  but the standard Android TV remote is also the same configuration.  and the best part is, it is bluetooth, so no need for the line of sight bs.

So, on Android TV remote, the "App Button" already allows you to exist Emby for Android TV, without the need to keep pressing the "Back" button.  Why are users requesting to use the long press back button to exit Emby??  I am hoping to convince you to cater for both.. "long press" back button for navigation, and "very long press" back button for exit emby.. is that possible?

And, is it possible to "remap" the Android TV Remote, or is that locked by Android?

thanks.

2 hours ago, aziz said:

the "App Button"

I think what you are calling the "app button" is the Home button and it goes directly to the device home screen.  We cannot trap it.

9 hours ago, ebr said:

I think what you are calling the "app button" is the Home button and it goes directly to the device home screen.  We cannot trap it.

you are 100% correct..  I did not know the name of it, but I quite like it, as if by mistake you hit it and jump out of the application, for example youtube... and then you go back, it takes you to the same exact place.. quite clever really.