artist.nfo - assenza del file in alcune cartelle.

paolopuntop

paolopuntop

Ciao a tutti, vorrei capire come e quando Emby scrive il file artist.nfo. Premetto che si tratta di sole librerie che contengono musica. Nella libreria ho selezionato la casella "Metadata Savers", Tutte le cartelle principali degli artisti hanno i metadati, alcuni inseriti in automatico da Emby altri li ho inseriti io. 

Ora in alcune cartelle trovo il file artist.nfo come richiesto nel settaggio della libreria con il spunta sulla casella "Metadata Savers", ma in alcune cartelle il file non c'è.

Ho provato a forzare la scrittura attivando le voci di menu:  1) "scansione dei file della libreria"  2) "aggiorna metadati" (sia dalla libreria, sia dalla pagina dell'artista) 3) "modifica metadati" dalla pagina dell'artista; il file non viene generato. Qualcuno sa  cosa serve ad Emby per scrivere questo file?

Grazie, ciao

paolopuntop

in english:

Hi all, I would like to understand how and when Emby writes the artist.nfo file. I state that these are only libraries that contain music. In the library I checked the "Metadata Savers" box. All the artists' main folders have metadata, some inserted automatically by Emby, others I inserted.

Now in some folders I find the artist.nfo file as requested in the library settings with the check on the "Metadata Savers" box, but in some folders the file is not there.

I tried to force writing by activating the menu items: 1) "scan library files" 2) "update metadata" (both from the library and from the artist page) 3) "edit metadata" from the artist page ; the file is not generated. Does anyone know what Emby needs to write this file?

Thanks bye

paolopuntop

for clarity, I'm also sending you the archive structure divided into folders organized with names: Genre (for example acoustic) > Artist > artist's album.
the server runs on linux debian 11.2 without graphical interface and the files are archived on a usb disk connected to the debian pc (about 80% have the artist.nfo file but the other 20% do not). Thanks

image.png.47c67a6a72f42cb23eec62a16a188a44.png

4 hours ago, paolopuntop said:

this?

image.png.f1f0e2570e36be520c9616f983d57a4f.png

also this:

image.png.0b0b9bdc8ee12ebe1ab28af9d0149e5a.png

but the file artist.nfo   is not there :-(

Thanks hi

When did you configure this?

paolopuntop

immediately after the creation of the libraries and before adding other folders,

now that you asked me this question, I try to create a library by inserting this setting immediately and then inserting new folders

Edited by paolopuntop

paolopuntop

I created a folder (1) on the same level as the others and inside these three artist folders and inside each some albums. Create a new library pointing to folder (1) setting to save metadata and "nfo" files as per attachment. UNFORTUNATELY no "nfo" file is created. I don't know what else to do, If you have any suggestions they are very welcome. Thank you

Emby-set.png

Are you tracks tagged with the album artist value? And does the tag in the track exactly match the name of the artist folder?

paolopuntop

I don't understand the arguments of your question. I am attaching an image of how the archive is organized (Zprova is the directory under the root).
in the first image there is an example of how I save the song tags. 

The curious thing is that if I translate the information of an artist who already has a generated artist.nfo file, it is updated immediately (related in second image)

Tree.png

traduzione.png

Matching the album artist tag with the name of the folder is what the server uses to make sure that it gets the right folder for the artist, so that's why you're not getting artist.nfo files.

paolopuntop

no sorry, it's celin dion not getting the artist.nfo file.
With the blue vipers folder, however, the file with the Italian translation is immediately updated

<however emby is truly exceptional, for now I have subscribed for a year (with another email that has the full surname)>

Edited by paolopuntop

• 3 weeks later...
paolopuntop

almost SOLVED: I was preparing folder images to answer you and for clarity I removed some "TXT" files I had, and now the file has been generated. Strange thing but now we know why.

unfortunately, however, not all the artists' folders behave like this, even if the metadata are exact (I care about them and I always edit them). It would be better for him to directly write the notes placed in the "plot" field, there would be no misunderstandings

Thanks for your assistance. Hello                                                                                             

Edited by paolopuntop

Ok, try opening the metadata editor for those artists and just clicking save and see if that creates an nfo file.

• 3 weeks later...
paolopuntop

by adding the flag to the last choice "Save images in media folders", the artist.nfo  files are always generated. Thank you

• Thanks 1