Issues with Synology NAS and Apple TV

BenjamingP

BenjamingP

Hi, we are a big tour bus company and we use Emby for our new busses. We have it built in in 6 busses out of 70 and we plan to use this as our standard configuration. 

There is a Synology DS220+ with Emby Server on it and 2 or 3 Apple TV devices depending on the model. I like Emby since it is self explaining and have a really nice look. 

But there are 2 main issues with that.  Everything(Nas Software, Emby Server, TVos and the Emby App) are up do date. Emby server says that there would be a newer version but on the packet manager there is no update available. 

1. This occurs in 4 of the 6 busses. When i want to play a movie it seems to start but there is only the initial black screen and the loading symbol. If you press „forward“ (right on the remote) then it plays normally but you have to do this. This is not a critical thing but it is annoying to tell the customers that there is an issue with the software.

Even purchase Emby premiere does not help. 

2. This is the error posted already in another post (see also the attached pictures):

I really hope that this issues can be sorted out. I like this configuration and i would not like to change the System to another player. 

69047523071__D871EF6D-1B2B-48A0-AD2E-709D18AB13B5.JPG

69047504325__31DCD5EE-BBEC-4F0D-B759-4AEF2C78706F.JPG

I've been getting this error too.

Something changed in one of the latest updates for Emby on Apple TV and seeing this randomly but it's hard to reproduce it. I thought I was the only one guess not!

@BenjamingP- I suggest you update the title of this thread to clearly indicate the error ("'this.itemsRefresher.fetchData is Null' error randomly appearing", or something to that effect)

Also, this is affecting my installation of Emby Server on Linux + Apple TV app, so it is not specific to Synology.

BenjamingP

@LukeThank you for that. Can you say anything about the first error described above? 

@skuuup Good to know. Then i guess the Apple TV App causes these troubles. I have to check on monday if it occurs also on other players like AndroidOS or Generic. 

Edited by BenjamingP

1 minute ago, BenjamingP said:

Thank you for that. Can you say anything about the first error described above? 

If you mean Synology Package Center, it's because the version in Package Center is a little behind, so you can either wait for it to get updated, or install manually by following the instructions on our website.

1 minute ago, BenjamingP said:

No i mean that the movies are not starting until you press forward one time. (See Point 1 in the original Post)

Hi, yes that is happening with certain kinds of files and is resolved for the next Emby Apple TV app update.

• Like 1