1 episode has 2 versions but the referenced file is the exact same

ubr4drv2
Go to solution Solved by ubr4drv2,

ubr4drv2

Hi everyone, 

I have tried to find anything linked to what I'm seeing now, but couldn't. 

The issue is as follows: my TV Library was previously split into 2 seperate folders. Even some shows had episodes in each folder, but for the most part I have only one file per episode. 

So now I moved everything into one folder. I ran a library update in the backend of emby, then I removed the now empty folder from the library folders. 

Some shows now have multiple video versions, but both files point to the same file on the server and the exact same path. The folder only has one file for this episode. 

image.png.c5f81dc002e4232f4d85ac9a52a85fd7.png

image.png.4651eb27c55dcb3178a84c980c226d6c.png

I'm at a loss as to how I could remedy this issue and could not find anything online that made sense. 

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Edited by ubr4drv2

ubr4drv2

thanks @roaku, I just changed the file name and associated files in the folder by removing the -1080p and now the versions still persist (even after a library update) but the -1080p version does not play...

So I guess now the question is, how do I get rid of the unplayable version? and preferable the answer would not be to use the "split versions apart" option, cause I have this issue with multiple shows and episodes apparently.

image.png

ubr4drv2

actually, it doesnt really explain it... some media that has been added after the migration to a single series folder has the same naming convention and is not showing multiple versions. 

image.png

image.png.5285a6268faa0f5f3df0f57e4a0c872a.png

Edited by ubr4drv2

• Solution
ubr4drv2

Ok, I found a working solution. Just moving the Series out of the Library Folder, running a scan (show disapears in emby) and then moving it back and re-scanning, ends up with only one version no matter the naming with -1080p. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1