I cant find help to update my admin password

TaugenX

Hello,

I am paying for a subscription and cant use the service. I have not used the emby server for some time do to renovations and forgot my password. Strangely, the password I saved inmy password manager does not work. Now when I want to reset the password the txt-file is created on my server as seen and put on a server location.

343339191_Emby2022-11-1805-45-52.thumb.jpg.6b54e90c120bc7d717dce745ac86f4ef.jpg

But I have no clue how to find this location!

I cannot find any help. Everyone is only explaining either how to get this process going or then what to do with the file.

Please help me find this file on my snology server or I will cancel and delete the software.

Thanks, Kash

2000006512_POOL-SynologyNAS2022-11-1805-54-34.thumb.jpg.db3438a29e64fbef209af82006a57282.jpg

FrostByte

You're going to need to use a SSH client like Putty or WinSCP to get to that location.  Synology File Station will not let you because it only lets you view shared folders.

If you prefer a GUI then I've wrote some steps to setup WinSCP (assuming you have a Windows client).  You won't need to be SU so you can skip the steps in blue.  Otherwise, you can use a command tool like Putty or Terminal after enabling SSH on your NAS.

Wow thanks so much first of all for the quick reply. Unfortunately I am a mac user. But I heard of putty and if you can tell me the steps I am sure I can find it myself.

Audiomixer
7 hours ago, FrostByte said:

@Audiomixerwhat are you using to SSH into your NAS from a Mac?  

Actually using winscp on win 10 using parallels on mac.

• Thanks 1

OK. No other idea for accessing my Server from a mac? I will not install parallels now to use this only for one Single Text file. Then I'd rather go and borrow a PC. But I am sure there must be a mac tutorial to get this file,no?

FrostByte

Isn't there already a Terminal app in the Applications folder and then utilities on your Mac?  

Just start that and then enter:

ssh user@IP-Address

From there it's just a matter of navigating around just like any command window

• Agree 1

MACs have a built in SSH client you can use from the terminal window, same as MS Windows 10 and later.

I wonder if I should show a trick to enable viewing the hidden EmbyServer directory in the GUI?

• Agree 1

@cayarsunfortunately not. But I need to still try using the putty. Still. Could some one "explain" how to reach the file using putty? Maybe with Screenshots or something? I do understand all the Theorie. I am having trouble with the doing 😵💫

FrostByte
On 11/20/2022 at 1:36 AM, cayars said:

MACs have a built in SSH client you can use from the terminal window, same as MS Windows 10 and later.

I wonder if I should show a trick to enable viewing the hidden EmbyServer directory in the GUI?

Did you get Putty installed then?  Otherwise, you might need to use Terminal which hopefully is in the location I indicated above.

Once you choose a SSH client, we can help walk you through it.

@TaugenX if you have any time available tonight (7pm my time) after 8:30pm EST or want to work on this tomorrow (Thanksgiving) I can do a remote support session and help you get this fixed up in just a couple of minutes.

If you want to do this download and install TeamViewer.  Send me via PM (hover over my avatar for messaging) the ID and one-time use password you get on TeamViewer launch.  Keep TeamViewer running or a new password will be created.

Carlo

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@cayars I was very sick and am ok this weekend. If you could come oniline with me any time between 8:00am EST and 11:00pm EST ( I live in Berlin, Germany) then I could be there. I am sure the solution is quick to understand. I just cant find it 😉 ...