NVIDIA graphicscard recommendation

looking111

looking111

Hello all, 

i would like to give my emby power to transcode 4k HDR MKV's (BluRay's). Is there an hardwareguide what cards are recommendation for this? I use Ubuntu 22.04 LTS on an INTEL i3 miniboard with one PCE3 Slot. (Lowprofile). I guess a lot of RAM is not necessary, 2GB enough? 2 users should be able to transcode at the same time. 

I found this one: https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=2883&lang=en&pn=NE5103000646-1080F&tab=sp

On Amazon: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07CN7HZHS?linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&creativeASIN=B07CN7HZHS&tag=geizhals1-21&ascsubtag=oi6u6r8yso7V7jHKBt7vdw

Very Thank :)

Edited by looking111

Q-Droid

There isn't much out there in low-profile form factor that is powerful enough or worth getting.

What is the actual model of your i3 CPU?

See this:

looking111
36 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

Thank you

25 minutes ago, GWTPqZp6b said:

Nvidia RTX A2000 is low profile and powerful. I use a RTX A4000 with great results (I recall 6-8 4K transcodes to 1080p in parallel without issue).

Yes, that's probably a bit higher in price, too. 

34 minutes ago, Q-Droid said:

What is the actual model of your i3 CPU?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz

Q-Droid
55 minutes ago, looking111 said:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz

Yeah, that's a few generations too old for good HW transcoding. 

RanmaCanada

It would be far easier for you to have your clients upgrade to 4k capable playback devices than to add a video card.  The other option is to replace your server.  Get a laptop with a broken LCD screen, 10th gen or higher and you're set.  I've seen them for as low as $150 USD (Mine was $110 or so).  As you're in The EU, they may be more expensive, and maybe not as common as the ones I've found in the USA.