Emby Movie Naming

Err0r0815
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

Err0r0815

Hello,

i ve red the movie naming page of emby and followed the instructions.

i switched from "Name (Year)/"Name (Year) - XXXXXX.ending" to "Name (Year) [tmdbid=xxxx]/"Name (Year) - XXXXXX.ending" this works fine and the movies are found easier.

the problem is, that the "multi version" of the movies does not work. please dont tell me, that i have to rename every folder and every file again!

Greetings 

• Solution
GrimReaper

As multi-version movies have to be named exactly as folder name, I'd guess that providerid is messing with it. 

You can use Auto-grouping plugin instead which should make short work of it. 

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

Naming will work with multi-versioning but folder name will apply to all versions.  But yes the plugin is a easier route.

Err0r0815

wow! this is exactly what i need!

how do i install it? in the plugin section i cant found it. EDIT: is it done with copy it to the plugin folder and a restart?

will this feature implemented in the emby server in the future?

Edited by Err0r0815
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Err0r0815 said:

wow! this is exactly what i need!

how do i install it? in the plugin section i cant found it. EDIT: is it done with copy it to the plugin folder and a restart?

will this feature implemented in the emby server in the future?

You place it Emby programdata plugin folder not system plugin folder but should automatically copy over if placed there.  Depending on you platform you may have to verify permissions.

As for if it eventually will be in the server core it is hard to say as the plugin accomplished the needs.

Err0r0815

im on docker. i placed it in the plugins folder where are all other plugins are installed.

should i see it after a restart?

does it group the movies if manual start a libary scan?

FrostByte

Assuming it works like regular Synology release, just restart Emby server after copying the dll to plugin folder.

Edited by FrostByte

Happy2Play

Depends on the version the new one has its own task (1.0.0.4) but the 4.6.0.22 (1.0.0.0) runs with library scan.  

• Like 1