Library scan fails to add files

_NoName_

_NoName_

I have a TV series that has many episodes in a season (e.g. Season 1 has 72 episodes).  When a library scan is performed, not all the episodes are added (e.g. Season 1 only goes up to 39).  The episodes that are added play fine.  The episodes that have not been added work fine if I play them in VLC.  The metadata source is theTVDB.

I am using the "Series Name/Season #/Series Name sXXeXX.ext" naming scheme.  The series name is UTF-8 encoded because it is not plain ASCII.

I am running Version 4.7.0.3 beta

I looked at the logs and I don't see any errors.

Any suggestions on next steps in troubleshooting?

Happy2Play

Need specifics.  But nothing is wrong with what you described above.

hjason7812

@Luke had to delete emby and reinstall but now I can't load posters almost all information loads but posters don't it's the plugin available in the community on truenas core because for some weird reason nothing else will install on truenas anymore it won't even update emby anymore if I use the truenas download page on the site it wants to install the 13 1 release jail and that makes everything all messed up. 

How do I fix this issue I only put 3 libraries up to test to see if it's working and sadly it isnt

20 hours ago, hjason7812 said:

@Luke had to delete emby and reinstall but now I can't load posters almost all information loads but posters don't it's the plugin available in the community on truenas core because for some weird reason nothing else will install on truenas anymore it won't even update emby anymore if I use the truenas download page on the site it wants to install the 13 1 release jail and that makes everything all messed up. 

How do I fix this issue I only put 3 libraries up to test to see if it's working and sadly it isnt

Re: 

_NoName_
On 11/16/2022 at 10:44 PM, Luke said:

Please provide a specific example.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay.

As I was putting everything together, I think I identified the issue.  The file ACLs for the episodes after 39 did not permit access to emby user. File permission errors do not appear to be logged for all operations. For example, the library scan operation appears to be silent on permission errors while attempting operations on NFO file types generates log messages on permission errors. 

I am going to test further. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, hjason7812 said:

And your point in doing this without helping me is what exactly? 

HI, it's just for reference, since the same question was asked in more than one place. Thanks !

_NoName_

I reapplied the correct ACLs to all the files and everything scans correctly.  In this case, the problem appears to have been permission based.

• Thanks 1