Emby Live TV Freezing

wesmckean

wesmckean

I believe my issue is different from "Playback Randomly Stops", so I am creating a new topic.  While watching ATSC 1.0 channels, the screen will freeze.  Sometimes, sound will continue sometimes it will not.  Then I back out of it and start up a different live channel, the one that froze is not released on the HDHomerun Flex 4K until I restart the server.  Logs are attached.

Wes

hardware_detection-63804095560.txt embyserver-63804095492.txt ffmpeg-directstream-403c3a6f-0036-4686-a579-b39805d566ec_1.txt

wesmckean

I wanted to add...  the emby player will back up 10 seconds or so and replay that portion of the live stream before freezing.

• 4 weeks later...
wesmckean
22 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @wesmckean are you still having an issue with this?

Hi Luke!

I can't remember having this happen recently.  I'll increase my usage of Emby on ATSC 1.0 channels and see if I can reproduce it!

Wes

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
wesmckean
On 12/12/2022 at 11:33 AM, wesmckean said:

Hi Luke!

I can't remember having this happen recently.  I'll increase my usage of Emby on ATSC 1.0 channels and see if I can reproduce it!

Wes

Now that the leaves are off the trees, I can't get this to reproduce.  I really think, but can't prove, this is symptomatic of ffmpegs inability to handle a break in signal.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
wesmckean

I moved the HDHomerun off of the wireless mesh extender downstairs so I could hook it up to the ethernet network directly, and it has been behaving much better.  I was just watching an ATSC 3.0 channel (getting 95%+ signal quality), and the sound kept going in and out.  Almost like on a rhythm.  I paused playback, then hit play, and it seemed to fix the issue.  I've noticed this behavior before.

Edited by wesmckean
  • Thanks 1

wesmckean

It was doing it again this morning.  pausing and playing didn't help.  I exited out of Google TV and brought the same station up on Emby for the Roku and it was fine.