LG WebOS app cannot find Emby PC Server

Kavalera

Kavalera

Hi there from everything was working fine till several days ago when i try to start EMBY on my LG WebOS and circle start (loading icon) and after a while ask for way of log in. I try everything but it looks that there is some problem. I think that probably it is something in my router or some firewall or antivirus but i don't know what exacly. Do you have any idea what to check in order to solve issue.

Thank you very much

Kavalera

Excuse me but i didn't understand what to do. Now i try new Emby connect put PIN. PIN was confirmed then TV loading circle start and again show me to select server and when i select server there is message that cannot connect. Which details do you need?

Kavalera

Windows version is 11,Emby is with final PC update, webos also is last version i have just uninstall and install. If you need something more please let me know?

Edited by Kavalera

Kavalera

I follow the steps and open 8096 and 8920, after that restart and again nothing :(. Now i am trying to find if i need to open that ports also in Trend Micro Antivirus but it looks that it is no needed :(

19 hours ago, Kavalera said:

Here you can see which ports are image.png.48e4f026f4b913b3dbf015ede8dc41fb.pngopen

@Kavalera I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

Kavalera

I have already test it yesterday and not work. Before when i set up and work i have used emby connect then pin and work. For some reason after a while stop to work and ask ne to show server, when i choose server then i see some error message. Please see pictures. Also intereating point is that from TV i see the Nitro PC (this is PC where Emby is installed) i also see my router samba HDD but didnt see EMBY.

20221116_212629.jpg

20221116_212638.jpg

20221116_212645.jpg

20221116_212709.jpg

20221116_212907.jpg

Kavalera

Hello, any ideas for solving . I have talk with Trend Micro Anti-virus support and they told me that there is no VPN and no blocking of the ports. We have disable anti virus softwate totally and stil not work. Also ibtereating point is that PLEX is working but not and EMBY 😭

Edited by Kavalera

I would check Windows Firewall because there could a rule added that is blocking Emby Server. Something on your server machine is blocking the connection, you just have to find out what that is.

I understand you're saying that Plex is working, but please be advised they have an internet relay service where they can route everything through their servers, and this switches on automatically anytime a direct connection can't be established. Emby Server doesn't have that, nor do we plan to have that as we prefer to remain a private personal media server. But that does mean a direct connection from device to server will be required.

Kavalera

Hi Luke,

From server machine everything us ok. I open it, i see library, i can go to settings, to see server details for local and external connection and all settings. I also think that it is something in windows firewall but don't know what to check :(

Kavalera

Hi Luke Any idea what to check.

I use some software and see that 8096 is listening so it is open. I cannot find 8920 as open even if i add it in Firewall rule. Is it mandatory to be open.Please se below picture.

image.thumb.png.f1f2a4ab44697cdfd7749e07593a202a.png

• 2 weeks later...
Kavalera

No, i am not so big expert in this area and i don't know what to check. Last thing was that one of the ports was in listening mode which mean is open but TV cannot run Emby

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Kavalera

Hi @Luke, finally i success. None of above helps. Ports was added, streaming was ON and etc, but nothing work. Finally i have decided to uninstall Emby Server on my PC and make new installation and it works. I don't know what could be the reason.

The only change which i make is several months ago I was changed my Internet provider, but i am not sure that it can be the reason as i didn't change any settings to my local network.

I have one more question to you is there a way to add Movies library from Samba server.

Thank you very much

9 hours ago, Kavalera said:

Hi @Luke, finally i success. None of above helps. Ports was added, streaming was ON and etc, but nothing work. Finally i have decided to uninstall Emby Server on my PC and make new installation and it works. I don't know what could be the reason.

The only change which i make is several months ago I was changed my Internet provider, but i am not sure that it can be the reason as i didn't change any settings to my local network.

I have one more question to you is there a way to add Movies library from Samba server.

Thank you very much

Thanks for the feedback. Did you try importing the library into emby library setup?