Limit devices by user (not simultaneous streaming limits)

jathe

Will be great if every user can be limited to an amount of devices.

I think  this feature will be fantastic, especially for those of us who pay for a license since simultaneous streams do not block the login and consume a license even when the user already has their simlutaneous stream limits full.

I know this can be done in "Access" tab, but is hard to select device one by one for each user, Why not only add a x number of  devices allowed and then user can not login in another device?

@ebr

• Like 3

MagicDoubleM

I've never hit the devices limit yet. Is it about "registered" devices or simultaneous logged in devices? I can see how the first one can become annoying easily, but the other one, well it's effectively taken care of with the stream limit.

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at:

1 hour ago, MagicDoubleM said:

I've never hit the devices limit yet. Is it about "registered" devices or simultaneous logged in devices? I can see how the first one can become annoying easily, but the other one, well it's effectively taken care of with the stream limit.

Premiere devices are different from the devices seen and controlled from your dashboard.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173135-is-there-a-limit-to-emby-premiere

• Like 1