New Android Client always transcoding now

ivoidwarranties
Go to solution Solved by ivoidwarranties,

MSattler

Take a look at the transcoding logs to see what is being transcoded.  If the player doesn't support DTS directly, you can use MX Player, which with the extra codec file will decode DTS.   The only downside is doing this you get no ability to resume playback, since MX Player does not report progress back to the server.

One thing to note though is that the Nexus seems to be able to play back mkv's and only transcode just the audio.  That tell's me that mkv's are most likely supported in 5/Lollipop?  Unless it just is AndroidTV not follow the same standards.

• 3 weeks later...
ivoidwarranties

Hi, it's been a while since I've used Media Browser on the Android... I've updated to the latest Emby Android app and server code base.  On the Android app, I disabled the "H264 strict mode" setting in the Android client.  However, the server is still transcoding the video.

Here is a screen shot of the media info

551edc9890cef_20150403_112418.png

The transcode log is attached

transcode-2bd88554-ca68-4042-9e7b-0af8a10fd3f4.txt

Edited by ivoidwarranties

Hi, it's been a while since I've used Media Browser on the Android... I've updated to the latest Emby Android app and server code base.  On the Android app, I disabled the "H264 strict mode" setting in the Android client.  However, the server is still transcoding the video.

Here is a screen shot of the media info

551edc9890cef_20150403_112418.png

The transcode log is attached

server log?

• Solution
ivoidwarranties

I updated server and Android app to the latest version.  Based on a couple of videos, it looks like the Android app is now directstreaming the videos.

• Like 1