Roku Refresh content or Scan Library

zebo51

I can't find a way while using a roku to refresh the emby home screen so new media will show up.  Say media is added manually or automagically to a library, only way to have the new media show up on a roku is to exit the Emby app going to roku home and then open emby again.  I have tried even going into movies or my shows library and then back to the emby home page and no luck. 

Can a feature be added for this?

Thanks

Happy2Play

Interesting as I have not seen a case where navigating has not refreshed views for newly added media.

Just doubled checked before I posted to make sure it was still doing it.  Opened emby on my roku, went and added a new episode to a tv series i have already been watching, it showed up in my web browser but not on roku.  clicked on tv shows and that series did show a green 1 on the poster so it saw it, but then hitting the back arrow to go to the home page it wasn't there.  It should be showing in mu continue watching list.  Go back to the roku home page, then open emby and then it showed under continue watching.  It has done this for a long time I just always forget to search for it.  Also I have 2 rokus and they act the same.

Happy2Play

Not sure as I add episode daily and my Roku Ultra sees everything the web client sees. And at most all I have to do is navigate is there is a mismatch.  Have you brought this up in a troubleshooting topic?

Not yet but even if it is supposed to work, I think a feature to refresh the screen or do a library scan within roku emby app might be nice.

Navigating and coming back should work but we can try and make it more automatic like most of the other apps.

• 1 month later...
bobaldis

Hi,

I found this post whilst searching for a similar option for my LG TV, so I hope it's OK posting here, if not please let me know I'll start a separate thread?

If an "Update/Refresh Media" view option could be added to the Apps it would make it so much better, although my library is set to dynamic update it seems to take a while to scan new content, which normally means sighing in to the web GUI and initiating a manual scan.

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by bobaldis
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
grendal

I can tell you this, If the Emby Roku app had a library scan you could enable for the photo slideshow this would be a great platform for digital signs.  I have been dinking around with a ton of dlna clients all day trying to find one i can just install on the roku.  I can use a raspberry pie on each of the tvs, but thats a pain and expensive. The only platform ive found that will grab new images and throw it into the slideshow is Plex.  I would go with just that but, it throws this annoying logo up on the screen and then a wheel spin to show is reloading the playlist.

I also cant get get the Emby library to scan via inotify.  Ive given up on getting that to work.  I was able to get it to work on minidlna but took half the day to figure out that it just needs the service to run as root. Id have been done with this if the Emby client just scanned for new photos every 60 seconds and then added them to the playlist.

muyijiang

Yes, that's a problem I've found too, I think it's possible to refresh the current content when pulling down the screen like plex does, but emby doesn't implement this feature

muyijiang
On 11/14/2022 at 9:57 PM, ebr said:

Navigating and coming back should work but we can try and make it more automatic like most of the other apps.
导航和返回应该是可行的,但我们可以尝试让它像其他大多数应用程序一样更加自动。

This is not a very good way to do it, what we need is to reload the new content in the current page, instead of having to jump to another page and then manually jump back, it's a very dumb way to do it

12 minutes ago, muyijiang said:

I think it's possible to refresh the current content when pulling down the screen

Hi.  How would you "pull down the screen" on a Roku device? 

The next release of the Roku app will automatically keep the home screen "fresh".