MacOS/Safari: Can't Resume Video Without Refreshing

K22R8CT

K22R8CT
K22R8CT

How do I sign in?

I tried registering with my forum name and it said it was taken.

So I tried signing in with my forum account and it prompts me to add a server.

K22R8CT
On 11/19/2022 at 12:25 AM, Luke said:

Hi, yea this is a strange one. As a test, can you try playing using our hosted web app

http://app.emby.media

Does the problem happen with that?

I think I misunderstood "hosted web app" - I assumed it was a test server you hosted.

I guess it's a workaround for users without domain names to access their own installations?

I don't think I can use it because this beta install is local only.

My remote instance is still 4.6 because of this and other issues.

3 hours ago, K22R8CT said:

I think I misunderstood "hosted web app" - I assumed it was a test server you hosted.

I guess it's a workaround for users without domain names to access their own installations?

I don't think I can use it because this beta install is local only.

My remote instance is still 4.6 because of this and other issues.

Hi, yes you can use it. Can you please give it a try? Thanks.

K22R8CT
56 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes you can use it. Can you please give it a try? Thanks.

Tried, no difference, same problem.

It doesn't happen every time but when it does it follows the pattern I described above.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 7:00 AM, K22R8CT said:

Tangential but I'm really curious how this works.

Every way I can think of doing it would be blocked by security restrictions. I'm stumped and impressed!

@K22R8CT I don't quite understand. Are you still having an issue?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
K22R8CT
23 hours ago, Luke said:

OK Please let us know how the next build compares. Thanks.

Will do.

I'm curious what the fix was and if it might also resolve the "playback stops unexpectedly in safari" bug which @nSGecko's testing suggests is cache-related:

@K22R8CT, that's certainly related. FYI, the cache modification did not hold the test, It helped a bit but not completely.

What I also did yesterday: tried 4.8.0.21 beta. I have same issue as 4.7.11. I didn't have those issues back in 4.6 but since that time, a lot of other things have changed.

Also, I now run Emby Server (in docker) in the host network instead of bridge. I'm sure it has no impacts on this issue but since it is the recommended way on using Emby on docker, you should check that setting aswell on your side ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 3:57 AM, Gecko said:

@K22R8CT, that's certainly related. FYI, the cache modification did not hold the test, It helped a bit but not completely.

What I also did yesterday: tried 4.8.0.21 beta. I have same issue as 4.7.11. I didn't have those issues back in 4.6 but since that time, a lot of other things have changed.

Also, I now run Emby Server (in docker) in the host network instead of bridge. I'm sure it has no impacts on this issue but since it is the recommended way on using Emby on docker, you should check that setting aswell on your side ?

Hi, 

Can you try our hosted web app at http://app.emby.media

Please let me know how that compares. Thanks !

GrimReaper
On 2/21/2023 at 7:17 AM, Gecko said:

3 hours ago, Gecko said:

There are no stable releases after 4.7.11.0, might be different version numbering for some platform (though that doesn't sound likely) or some insider build (which based on preceeding discussion doesnt sound likely either). 

• Thanks 1

Sorry, yeah I used once again the hosted webapp on emby.media which is a little bit ahead in the version numbering.

today it worked flawlessly on either my Mac or iPhone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy2Play
46 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:
On 2/21/2023 at 2:17 AM, Gecko said:

4 hours ago, Gecko said:

There are no stable releases after 4.7.11.0, might be different version numbering for some platform (though that doesn't sound likely) or some insider build (which based on preceeding discussion doesnt sound likely either). 

Those are online web app.

• Thanks 2

K22R8CT
58 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Those are online web app.

I read about the online web app here: https://emby.media/the-online-web-client-has-a-new-home.html

Is there is a more detailed explanation elsewhere?

I'm trying to understand how it differs from the one built-in e.g. does it serve different, potentially more recent versions of the web pages and associated libraries?