Moving settings backup from one OS to another

Ferkner

I currently run the emby server on a 2011 Mac Mini running Mac OS X High Sierra with my media on a QNAP TS-431+. I plan on decommissioning the Mac Mini and TS-431+ and running the server on a QNAP TS-563 where my media will be moving to. 

The answer is probably no, but if I back up the settings on the Mac OS version, can they be restored to the QNAP version of the emby server?

Happy2Play

Most things yes will work but anything with a recorded Path will break as paths are usually different across platforms.

I wasn't worried about the paths. Those are easy to set up again. I was looking more at the library settings (minus paths) and the watched/unwatched statuses.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Ferkner said:

I wasn't worried about the paths. Those are easy to set up again. I was looking more at the library settings (minus paths) and the watched/unwatched statuses.

That is exactly what the Server Configuration Backup plugin does if you are Premiere user.

But you could just copy Emby programdata folder from one server to the other (might need to verify permissions), and redo/edit library paths on new server. 

Note all library items will be purged and re-added do to path change.

3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

That is exactly what the Server Configuration Backup plugin does if you are Premiere user.

But you could just copy Emby programdata folder from one server to the other (might need to verify permissions), and redo/edit library paths on new server. 

Note all library items will be purged and re-added do to path change.

I know the purpose of the backup, I just wasn't sure if it would carry over from one OS to another.

Happy2Play

From a plugin standpoint it is not recommended restoring library's across platforms do to knowing a wrong path can not be restore.  But there is nothing stopping you from doing it and manually changing paths afterwards.

Or same with copy and paste from one to the other.

Watched status are by providerid so path is irrelevant.  Except for items with no providerids then they are dependent on their original database id.