Recordings start 27 minutes late on one day

ChipL

For the last couple weeks, all of my recordings on Saturday only start recording 27 minutes late. I have attached the log, but I don't see any errors, just messages like the following:

2022-11-12 23:27:07.324 Info LiveTV: Recording timer fired for Wisconsin Foodie.

The above should have started at 23:00 UTC. 

I have checked the recording settings to ensure there is not a delay start, and also ensure that the NTP daemon is running and the server time is accurate. 

Recordings for the rest of the week record exactly as scheduled. 

embyserver-63803896029.txt

Hi, I don't see anything obvious here. I guess the only way to know for sure would be to check the guide data. Does it say 23:00 for next Saturday? I would keep an eye on it up until Saturday because sometimes the data can change during the week.

I had watched the guide and settings coming into Saturday knowing that it has been a problem. Programs were scheduled in their normal slots, yet the start times were all offset 27 minutes. 

I can change all the recordings for next Saturday to start 30 minutes ahead of time, but it's just a really weird glitch.

Happy2Play

Even the timer appears to show it should fire at 23:10:00 (22hrs 28min)

2022-11-12 00:42:57.010 Info LiveTV: Creating recording timer for bc347482f68e9466d592336803e64d51, Wisconsin Foodie. Timer will fire in 1337.0498183933332 minutes

I think I will delete the schedules and re-do them for the Saturday recordings. Is there anything I can do before I do that to help determine why the UI shows one time, but the recording happens at a different time? 

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Did you set recording padding options anywhere, such as on the series or in live tv defaults?

Not originally. I have since deleted all the schedules for Saturday and re-created them, but added a 30 minute "before" padding so if it's still a problem, at least it'll record the bits I want. If rescheduling solved the problem, then I'll just get to skip through 30 minutes of junk.  I'll report back next Saturday. 

• Thanks 1

I had another Saturday of weird recordings. 

For example, CBS Saturday Morning was removed from the schedule and then re-scheduled with a 30 minute padding at the start. The airing starts at 13:00 UTC, but didn't start recording until 12:50 UTC; it should have started at 12:30 UTC according to the rule.

Again, schedules during the week have no problems and record right when they should.

File is attached. 

ffmpeg-directstream-186fedc2-ae01-41c0-9198-142c4560536d_1.txt

22 minutes ago, ChipL said:

I had another Saturday of weird recordings. 

For example, CBS Saturday Morning was removed from the schedule and then re-scheduled with a 30 minute padding at the start. The airing starts at 13:00 UTC, but didn't start recording until 12:50 UTC; it should have started at 12:30 UTC according to the rule.

Again, schedules during the week have no problems and record right when they should.

File is attached. 

ffmpeg-directstream-186fedc2-ae01-41c0-9198-142c4560536d_1.txt 40.56 kB · 0 downloads

HI, please attach the corresponding emby server log. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...