Trakt: initializing Trakt collection with Emby collection

dance4ever

dance4ever

Hi!  I just configured the Trakt plug-in on my Emby server.  I ran the “Sync Library” task manually under Scheduled Tasks.  It cleared out my whole collection in Trakt.

Rather than be upset, I thought I’d just get curious about what’s happening.

So I went to Trakt and “recollected” Season 1 of Westworld and after the scheduled task ran, my Trakt collection got emptied out again.

I doublechecked the Emby page for the show and it has the correct Trakt link at the bottom of the page.

How do we troubleshoot why the plug-in is not pushing my Emby collection to Trakt using this instance as an example?

Edited by dance4ever

dance4ever
On 11/13/2022 at 11:35 AM, Luke said:

Hi, do your episodes in emby server all have season and episode numbers filled in?

not sure what you mean by this - it displays the show, season 1, and all individual episodes and Emby imported all its metadata automatically.

Screenshot_20221116-120422.png

I think the bigger issue is less complicated assets like individual movies are not being inserted into my Trakt collection (and all movies that were there before my first sync got deleted) [regardless of whether the asset is in my Emby collection or not - my Trakt collection is empty now]

if we can init & ongoingly push my Emby collection into Trakt & I can add non-Emby items [to Trakt] without them being deleted during a sync, I'll be a happy camper 🙂

Edited by dance4ever
clarification & intended goal :)

So that is the series screen. If you click into season 1, does each episode have a number in the emby metadata editor?

dance4ever

thank you for your prompt reponses.

Here are the steps I took to reproduce:

1. confirmed Groundhog Day is in my Emby Collection (this is very intentionally chosen - welcome to my life! lol)
  2. confirmed my Trakt collection (https://trakt.tv/users/udance4ever/collection)   is empty
  3. clicked the Trakt link at the bottom of the Emby page (https://trakt.tv/movies/groundhog-day-1993) page and added it to my collection in Trakt on “other date” of January 29, 2012 (the date I bought it)
  4. confirmed my Trakt collection (https://trakt.tv/users/udance4ever/collection)   contains Groundhog Day
  5. clicked “Sync library to Trakt.tv” under Scheduled Tasks (my.server/web/index.html#!/scheduledtasks) and made sure it completes
  6. confirmed my Trakt collection (https://trakt.tv/users/udance4ever/collection)   is empty again

Attached is my server log.  If you need me to turn debug mode on, let me know.

other info requested:

• server version: 4.6.7.0
  • name of emby user: dance4ever

I made a point to include the header of the log, replace any sensitive information, and excerpt only the relevant transactions.

embyserver-TraktSyncIssue.txt

Edited by dance4ever

dance4ever

I just did a server update to 4.7.9 which updated the plug-in to 3.6.3 on reboot.

added Groundhog Day back to my Trakt collection, did a sync and it removed it (even though it’s confirmed in my Emby library)

Edited by dance4ever

5 minutes ago, dance4ever said:

I just did a server update to 4.7.9 which updated the plug-in to 3.6.3 on reboot.

added Groundhog Day back to my Trakt collection, did a sync and it removed it (even though it’s confirmed in my Emby library)

Hi, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

• 4 months later...
dance4ever

hi!  sorry for the delay - just starting to surface on this front - it’s been quite a trip 🤪 lol

I was doing some major updates to my server and took the opportunity to update to 4.7.11 yesterday and I am pleasantly surprised to see my collection in Trakt now!

https://trakt.tv/users/udance4ever/collection

it looks like the watched and watchlist states are all correct now - yeay!  sometimes it pays to just let quirks like this play themselves out right? :)

I’m looking at the log and see an error was thrown - does this means it’s having issues updating it after the initial sync?

I tried to manually run the scheduled task and it clearly says “failed” 

C1064C4E-581C-403A-98F6-1F00FE9EF164.thumb.jpeg.1c43dd7fe36c91c79331ebb2d62a9bd1.jpeg

Attached the server log

At least we’re making some progress :)

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...

@dance4evercan you please install the latest update to the Emby trakt plugin (if it hasn't already).

Then reconfigure your trakt auth by creating a new pin. Then please let us know how that compares. Thanks.