Kodi just removed my movies, tv show, and music libraries!

Loondawg

Loondawg

After restarting the Emby server, Kodi removed my movies, tv show, and music libraries! How do I get them back into Kodi?

I saw a message on the server console that a restart of the Emby server was required to finish the upgrade to Version 4.7.9.0. So I restarted the server. Shortly after, I saw a message at the top of the Kodi application that said something like removing emby movie library. Sorry, I don't remember exactly what it said. It looked like the standard message I see when it is update the library or compressing the database except this time it said it was removing it. I have a large library on a slower PC so it took quite a while

And then it went on to remove the music library followed by the tv shows library. Everything else about the installation appears to have remained intact. All my other emby information appears to be unaffected. My custom libraries, favorites, etc. are still in place, And I can still see and play the movies by going into the addon settings and using the emby or embycan addons. But when I go to the movies, music, or tv show main menus, it no longer shows any media. I then opened a mirrored backup I had on a test PC installation and it did the exact same thing!

I don't know what caused it. And honestly I'm not really interested in why it happened. I just want to know how to add back those libraries without messing up everything else I have taken so long to configure to my liking. Is there an easy way to add back those libraries without messing up anything else?

Loondawg

An update. I restored from an old backup. Everything seemed okay at first. But after a little while, I saw some flashing in the message bar area followed by "Emby for Kodi Movies                   Removing Library."

Loondawg

Really bizarre problem. Don't know why this happened on two separate PCs with both the current version and a backup version from a few months ago. But the solution that seems to be working was to reload the libraries under the Emby Addon after deleting the dbs from the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database directory.

quickmic
1 hour ago, Loondawg said:

Really bizarre problem. Don't know why this happened on two separate PCs with both the current version and a backup version from a few months ago. But the solution that seems to be working was to reload the libraries under the Emby Addon after deleting the dbs from the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database directory.

Well, this sounds like Emby server is doing that intentionally. Some major upgrades requires a re-sync on server side and Kodi plugin just reports the status of the server.

I'm speculating here, but maybe you should be patient and let Emby server doing it's job. Impossible to say, what's really going on.

Also Emby server changed it's internal library IDs in one of the newer versions. This requires a complete database reset on Kodi side (assuming you are using next-gen plugin).

Edited by quickmic