User rights suggestion

CarlosLima

CarlosLima

Hi,
This area contains many requests for new features and I will explore it more soon. I didn't find anything about it and sorry in advance if I missed the search.
We can use tags to prevent the common user from accessing certain libraries, that's great.
I think this feature could expand to allow the user to access a library with a tag, but without playback, just viewing, specifically on some content.
So as an example, he accesses, views everything in the concert library but cannot play.
This would make the user aware that the library exists but he cannot reproduce it.

Emby has something similar for live tv, that is, the user views all channels but does not play them, if the administrator configures it that way.

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

think this feature could expand to allow the user to access a library with a tag, but without playback, just viewing, specifically on some content.
So as an example, he accesses, views everything in the concert library but cannot play.
This would make the user aware that the library exists but he cannot reproduce it.

You can disable media playback in each User settings.

CarlosLima

Truth.
That would make general blocking.
I'd like to be able to block only a few specific libraries and allow playback in the others.

• Agree 1

MBSki
32 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Truth.
That would make general blocking.
I'd like to be able to block only a few specific libraries and allow playback in the others.

Agree. I'd like my users to see what I have and REQUEST access to certain items. When they request access I can grant view rights on that specific item. So, blocking play rights on a library is ok, but not if it prevents the ability to set play rights on an individual item within that same library.   

• Thanks 1