Naming movies

soboku

Ok all do that. Now all I did was sent you the logs. If I was to activate a capture function first I didn't do that. Not sure how to do a capture. 

Junglejim
On 10/11/2022 at 10:50, soboku said:

sorry sifi missed spelled it is /movie/SyFi/Alien3.m4v @Happy2Play

The sub folder shouldn't matter that much (SyFi) but the naming of the actual file does. It takes some work on your part but for this example..  "Alien3.m4v" would work better if it was "Alien³ (1992).m4v".

Personally I put all my movies in there own sub folders (/movie/SyFi/Alien³ (1992)/Alien³ (1992).m4v) but that could take some unwanted work. :)

Just try to name your files the same as the scraper involved in grabbing the metadata, eg..

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/8077-alien  Just copy&paste the title. ;)

Edited by Junglejim

Having said that, when I search moviedb for alien3 it does return the right result, so in theory it should have been fine. But I still would recommend better with the year in the file name.

@sobokuhas this helped?

all right I am going to start the renaming of all my library with that in mind. This will take over a month to do so for now I guess all let you guys go. Thank you all for all the input I am so thankful. All re post next month with the results.

• 4 weeks later...

I made the changes, adding the date to the name and so for every thing on the ones I made the change to has stayed. So to do my whole library will take a lot of time. I think by putting the date in was the answer so for now lets consider the problem solved. Because it will take me months to go through my entire library and update the titles. Thank you all for all of your suggestions and help you've been awesome. Sorry it took a bit of time to get back with you its been very busy here. I'v been in a bit of rush to get some beta testing done in time to deal with eeeggg "holidays" lol.

• Thanks 1