ServerWMC & Web Client frozen picture, audio skipping noise

BAS
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

Hello I'm using a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe and a Time Warner Cable Card. Under ServerWMC I have instructed it to hide DRM and encrypted channels as I know some of my higher channels have this. I can stream one channel just fine but most of my channels give me trouble where I see the initial picture, it freezes the picture then the audio has a horrible skipping effect. 

I have included the ServerWMC log and the MB Server Trancode log.  I was trying to stream a SD channel not HD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to attempt to get this working so I can roll out to android and roku hopefully as well but if its not working in the web client I would imagine the same issues would appear elsewhere.

Edited by BAS

krustyreturns

According to the serverwmc log the channel you tried to play is DRM'd, see:

2014/10/10 12:18:28.562 SetChannel> > Recorder Content Protection: PROT_COPY_ONCE

To know for sure, record a short video on this channel and try to play it back in something other than wmc.

So is there a reason with those toggles turned on that its currently being listed and shown, I have hide DRM and encrypted toggles turned on. I was hoping that it would only be listing playable channels for MB3 at that point, I'm assuming I wont get much but some is better then none or thinking I have this channel and opening and finding out its drm..

krustyreturns

There definitely is a reason, its just hard to know what it is.  When swmc starts up, it does a quick scan of the channels and tries to determine which are DRM'd.  Sometimes though the channel's aren't ready to be queried and in those cases the DRM is indeterminate, so swmc's err's on the side of no-DRM.  If that's the case restarting swmc might successfully flag it as DRM.  Its also possible that the broadcaster has DRM on some shows and not on others (this is somewhat rare though).

Currently MBS doesn't give you a way to filter out channels, so you can disable the channel in wmc (probably not want you want to do) or you can define a channel group in wmc for use with MBS and have MBS only import this channel group.

you can define a channel group in wmc for use with MBS and have MBS only import this channel group.

Interesting how does one define a channel group in WMC?

Sorry, in WMC they are called 'Favorites'.

No problem. Appreciate the help.

Have MBS only import this channel group.

And where do i get to this, I'm not seeing it as an option either in the Serverwmc or MBS?

Edited by BAS

• Solution
krustyreturns

The importing of a single channel group into MBS requires editing of the config.xml of serverwmc (no nice gui here). I have described how to do it multiple times in this sub forum, do a search for ClientRestrictions.  If you don't find it let me know and I'll slog through it again.

• Like 1

The importing of a single channel group into MBS requires editing of the config.xml of serverwmc (no nice gui here). I have described how to do it multiple times in this sub forum, do a search for ClientRestrictions.  If you don't find it let me know and I'll slog through it again.

No problem found it here. Thanks for your help.

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7465-favorites/?p=100764