Download person data automatically according to tmdbid in nfo

shure

image.png.f1377cc4313e50a1bdaa6eb3126db8b6.png

Hello, I'd like to provide nfo for emby especially the actor part. But  I found that if the actor's name in nfo is not  english, emby would not download person data automatically even there is tmdbid of this actor. I have to go to the person page of this actor then emby will download person data according to tmdbid.

image.thumb.png.8c7eb8db667f18d58f50cf07bb5ff5b6.png

The first and second actor's data have been downloaded, beacause I had go to their person pages.

I'm wondering if possible that emby will download person data whether the actor‘s name in nfo is english or in other language if there is actor‘s tmdbid in nfo

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

I hope that emby will download actor's person data(at least photo) automatically when I open a movie page or  a tv page.

But now, because I provide nfo and the name of actor in nfo is in my own language rather than english even there is the actor's tmdbid. I have to open every actor page to make emby download their data(display their photo)

So if there are 20 actors in a movie, I  have to open actor page 20 times.

If I don't open the actor page, like the picture I send, the movie page will not display the actor photo.

If I have 20 movies, maybe I have to open actor page about 200 times.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:55 PM, Luke said:

Hi, why do you need it to happen before you actually open the page?

image.png.0749459fabcc8389098877903c515302.png

Like the movie mad detective,as for actor “高雄” and “李日升” their name in nfo is in chinese not english, so when I open the movie page, emby will not download their person data even I provide their person tmdbid in nfo

as for actor "Wong Wa-Wo" , beacause his name is in english,  emby will download his person data when I open the movie page.

So, I suggest that emby download person data automatically if there are actors' tmdbid in nfo. 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your fantastic work, I agree that emby can  read the image url from nfo files is a good feature.

Hope coming soon

• Thanks 1