Auto play next item for TV shows

grimfandango

grimfandango

Hi first I would like to say how well xbmb3c is working now. I have been trying it off and on for a while (this being the first time since the start of the summer) and it really is good enough to be used as the back end to xbmc.

For me the only thing that my family are missing from the main xbmc features is auto play next video.

This just allows us to put a TV series on and we get a few episodes to do jobs around the house without being shouted for.

This is by no means a deal breaker it would just NE nice to have it as part of xbmb3c.

Thanks again everyone's hard work on this awesome addon we really appreciate it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

im85288

Although not exactly the same as your request, you can achieve something similar by creating a playlist and playing that instead.

xnappo

You can also right click( or 'c') on the first episode you want to watch and select 'Play All From Here'

Edited by xnappo

im85288

I didn't know about that feature and would not really use it but gave it a try and it throws the following exception for me:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named requests
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/default.py", line 46, in <module>
                                                import requests
                                            ImportError: No module named requests
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

@@xnappo -  Is it working correctly for you?

xnappo

Weird - I have never had a problems with requests not existing, nor do I see what it has to do with this feature (in def playall (startId) :).

My XBMC is all busted from trying to fix the repo - and gotta run to work now - so can't test.

xnappo

[EDIT] I would think 'mark watched' etc would not work with this issue either.

Edited by xnappo

im85288

Weird - I have never had a problems with requests not existing, nor do I see what it has to do with this feature (in def playall (startId) :).

My XBMC is all busted from trying to fix the repo - and gotta run to work now - so can't test.

xnappo

[EDIT] I would think 'mark watched' etc would not work with this issue either.

Yeah I'll have to test it a bit further as I never use that feature either. Possibly its only an issue on Helix or OpenElec... but not certain at the moment

xnappo

Yep - I am guessing for some reason Helix Python doesn't have requests?  Requests is a pretty widely used module though.

xnappo

I looked into merging @'s requests removal, but it was boring and annoying so I stopped.

xnappo