Login problem from multiple apps.

DrivenByDemons
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

DrivenByDemons

Posting this in general since it refers to multiple apps.

Running linux server with caddy as a reverse proxy. Local connections are perfect and remote connection from BROWSERS are fine (except for the generic chrome phishing message).

This is a LG TV on a remote connection.

1. The LG app will log in fine but will not play files. Says unsupported streams or something like that. Not too worried about this cause I'm not a fan of the LG setup.
  2.  The LG BROWSER works perfect.
  3. Fire TV 4k app on same TV/wifi will connect to server and show users but will give "invalid user id or password" even if I remove the password for said user.
  4. Fire TV BROWSER on same TV/wifi works perfect.
  5. Android and Apple apps work perfect on phones when connected to same remote wifi.

I want to use the Fire TV app. I was originally thinking I had a network problem at the server end but I'm ruling that out since the browsers work fine. I don't want to use the browsers because full screen isn't right and they timeout to screen savers after a while. What could cause these apps to connect to the server fine but not allow a login. I don't even see a failed login on the dashboard. It's like the connection is blocked - which it isn't since it presents me with a list of users. I see some people that had similar issues were using AV software on a windows server. This isn't my setup so I'm stumped. 

• Solution
  1. Fire TV 4k app on same TV/wifi will connect to server and show users but will give "invalid user id or password" even if I remove the password for said user.

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

This could be SSL certificate related, and the above test will help us narrow that down. Thanks !

• Like 1

OK so that pretty much confirms the problem. The sideloaded app has added more workarounds for self-signed certs. The TV app doesn't quite have as much of this yet.

Where did the certificate come from?

Ok so that's it. Unfortunately that's not going to work on LG either, and there's no workaround available to us on that platform. If you look at the LG section users have had success with ZeroSSL.