Emby Server TrueNas Manual Install pkg: Missing dependency 'libexif'

Fostersimp

Fostersimp

Hi,
Just tested and it has installed.

131518563_2022-11-0310_33_56-TrueNAS-192_168_12.250MozillaFirefox.png.8ae47a171c08d36a427e6fee90532996.png

I did however notice this during the install, this was also there yesterday:

651895156_2022-11-0310_15_44-TrueNAS-192_168_12.250MozillaFirefox.png.489aa922b309534a5b35b6dc770cefdf.png

Thanks for your support.

:-)

• Thanks 1

alucryd

@FostersimpNo idea where that warning comes from, but it's definitely not from our package. I'd say that originates from your network configuration, mac most likely refers to MAC address.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
hjason7812

i went to update emby because theres a new version out and when i did i get this error messasge as well i installed the dependencies and it says everything installed and i go to update again and this error comes up again no matter how many times i install the dependencies. so how do i update to the latest version of emby if i can't? i initially installed from the truenas plugin i can't even update from the update button on the plugin because the new version isn't there to update. updates sure have been made very difficult i don't know why nothing works when trying to update emby smh

50 minutes ago, hjason7812 said:

i went to update emby because theres a new version out and when i did i get this error messasge as well i installed the dependencies and it says everything installed and i go to update again and this error comes up again no matter how many times i install the dependencies. so how do i update to the latest version of emby if i can't? i initially installed from the truenas plugin i can't even update from the update button on the plugin because the new version isn't there to update. updates sure have been made very difficult i don't know why nothing works when trying to update emby smh

Hi, how exactly did you try to install the update? How exactly did you originally install Emby Server?

hjason7812
On 11/17/2022 at 10:43 PM, Luke said:

Hi, how exactly did you try to install the update? How exactly did you originally install Emby Server?

i did a comkplete uninstall of emby and everything. now i can't remember how to do the shell install because the download page doesn't show this information, it just downloads the information to the server but doesn't install it as a plugin. can you help me with this problem or can someone else help me please? it has been a long time since i have done this i know it is cd /tmp and get something its a whole long list of codes i need to input to install emby from shell because the plug in on core isn't a good one

hjason7812
7 minutes ago, Fostersimp said:

You need to copy and paste the command lines from here:

https://emby.media/truenas-server.html

into the shell terminal of your truenas install. (Not the shell terminal in the jail!)

yeah those don't work at all the git comes up as not found in  shell

Edited by hjason7812

hjason7812
Just now, Fostersimp said:

Check in the shell terminal you can access the internet 

ping google.com

i got the plain emby-server to install from the git codes but the server has no manage button and when i go to the ip listed it doesn't goe anywhere

hjason7812
1 hour ago, Fostersimp said:

Can you ping the ip from your computer cmd ?

if yes then don’t for get to add the port http://ipaddress:8086 I think 

the ip is a local ip i can ping it.. what i just figured out is the code string they have up installs the 13.1 version in which there isn't an official version out for that yet so it doesn't work theres on a 12 and 13 release if that makes sense.. so i know have to figure out how to install the 13 release version so i can have emby back again and working..

Edited by hjason7812

• 4 weeks later...
Fostersimp

Hi Luke,
no issues from my side after the missing deps were added to the repo, the installation worked with out any issues. I was trying to help hjason7812

My only comment for improvement would be to update https://emby.media/truenas-server.html

1.To make it clearer that this must be run in the System Shell and not within a Jail Shell

2. This is for TureNAS Core

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Fostersimp said:

Hi Luke,
no issues from my side after the missing deps were added to the repo, the installation worked with out any issues. I was trying to help hjason7812

My only comment for improvement would be to update https://emby.media/truenas-server.html

1.To make it clearer that this must be run in the System Shell and not within a Jail Shell

2. This is for TureNAS Core

Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 year later...
lordlongwillie

Hiya I'm running these commands to install Emby on Truenas Core as listed above and I'm getting the error that the package has been destroyed as graphics/libheif failed to install. Please advise?

Truenas version is: TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1

Thank you

On 12/24/2023 at 6:52 AM, lordlongwillie said:

Hiya I'm running these commands to install Emby on Truenas Core as listed above and I'm getting the error that the package has been destroyed as graphics/libheif failed to install. Please advise?

Truenas version is: TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1

Thank you

Hi, can you please show us the exact or complete error message? Thanks !

alucryd

Please give it another go, I can't reproduce here, I assume it was a temporary download failure on your end.

• 4 weeks later...
hjason7812

Hello, i have an issue installing emby stable version through shell. it is hung  up on the install portion. is this a normal issue with the shell installs on truenas core?

The reason i am reinstalling emby is because i went to the beta version of emby from the stable and it messed everything up, so back to stable i go and it is proving difficult for me. I  have included a screen shot of where it is stuck, it's been stuck going on 28 hours now..,.

emby shell install on truenas core.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
hjason7812
On 1/30/2024 at 3:37 PM, Luke said:

@hjason7812can you try it again?

Still stuck there same spot btw it doesn't install the new stable version out it installs the oldest version might want to update the versions linked to the truenas core install on the download page. the link i see you give everyone to use to install emby or even update emby is the beta version only

On 2/2/2024 at 5:28 AM, hjason7812 said:

Still stuck there same spot btw it doesn't install the new stable version out it installs the oldest version might want to update the versions linked to the truenas core install on the download page. the link i see you give everyone to use to install emby or even update emby is the beta version only

So you’re no longer seeing the original problem that you posted about?