Unable to access emby on truenas after install of plugin

arron1985

arron1985

Hi guys.

I really hope someone can help me and it will be an easy fix.

Im running Emby on truenas not really had may problems but i just installed a new plugin and restarted emby. now i cant access emby at all. Im not the best when it comes to truenas but i dont have a clue where to go from here. All i get when i try to access emby is my ip adress and refuse to connect. I would be over the moon if some one can help. Thanks.

arron1985

Can't remember the name but I think its a plug in that give you top 10 watched content. I would know what it is of I saw a list but can't get on to it to look @chef

Do you have the folder /var/db/emby-server/plugins?

If so, try deleting all .dll files underneath there, then see if the server is able to start.

arron1985

I will give it a go now. Thanks and just remembered the plugin is called top picks. I will let you know if it works 

Hi @arron1985

You will want to make sure there are no instances of the server running before you attempt to remove that file. 

After you have removed TopPicks, and if the server restarts without an issue, could you please post a server log from when the issue occured?

Thank you very much.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Edited by chef

Happy2Play

Do you by chance have the AutoCollections (version grouping) plugin installed also?

• Like 1

arron1985

Sorry for the late reply. I dont have auto collections plug in. I couldn't get access to delete the file. Luckily I had the plugin server back up installed. In the end I deleted emby and reinstall and use the back up from the server plugin had made to restore everything. Unfortunately it doesn't help you guys find out what happened with it in the first place. 😕 Thank you for your quick response and I do appreciate you giving me your time to help. Unfortunately I couldn't get it it to play ball to find out what the problem was in the first place. Sorry guys but thank you once again for all your help 😁

5 hours ago, arron1985 said:

Sorry for the late reply. I dont have auto collections plug in. I couldn't get access to delete the file. Luckily I had the plugin server back up installed. In the end I deleted emby and reinstall and use the back up from the server plugin had made to restore everything. Unfortunately it doesn't help you guys find out what happened with it in the first place. 😕 Thank you for your quick response and I do appreciate you giving me your time to help. Unfortunately I couldn't get it it to play ball to find out what the problem was in the first place. Sorry guys but thank you once again for all your help 😁

Ah, I'm very sorry that you had to reinstall.

If you purchased top picks please pm me with the user name it was purchased with, and I will be sure to refund the payment.

I'm wondering why the DLL had different permissions?

I'm not entirely sure why that would happen.

I'm definitely going to be on the look out for this happening in the future.