Convert media to a custom folder

raudraido
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

raudraido

Right now converting media has 2 options, replace original file or move new file next to original. Both of those options assume emby has RW acccess to your media folder. I don't have RW access and I do not want to grant that either. So, I suggest custom path possibility.

• Like 1

• Solution

Hi, you can do this with the folder sync plugin, but yes, at some point we plan to move this feature to the convert feature.

• Like 2

raudraido

OK, it's working.

Now, when I choose that newly created vesion, I should be able to download that version, instead emby still gives me original file..

18 minutes ago, raudraido said:

OK, it's working.

Now, when I choose that newly created vesion, I should be able to download that version, instead emby still gives me original file..

What do you mean exactly?

raudraido
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

What do you mean exactly?

With Folder Sync I created 2 version of one media file. When I want to watch it from webui I choose which version I want and hit play.

My idea is after choosing a vesion, you should also able to download that version to PC as well, not the original file

image.png.5d299bda087d0974e275d28470776fb3.png

Edited by raudraido

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 3:10 PM, raudraido said:

With Folder Sync I created 2 version of one media file. When I want to watch it from webui I choose which version I want and hit play.

My idea is after choosing a vesion, you should also able to download that version to PC as well, not the original file

image.png.5d299bda087d0974e275d28470776fb3.png

@raudraido can you please provide the entire screenshot, rather than just a snippet? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

@raudraido this is only a single version video. When you click download, you're going to get the 4k hevc version every time. If this were a multi-version video then you'd have a version drop down box on this screen right above the media info.

Does that answer your question?