Discogs Music Fetcher

Luke

FrostByte

Shouldn't it enable all the Discog fetchers by default if adding the plugin?  I had to go in and enable all of them

Just now, FrostByte said:

Shouldn't it enable all the Discog fetchers by default if adding the plugin?  I had to go in and enable all of them

No. If you install anime, should it be enabled on all TV libraries and potentially damage existing metadata ?

• Like 1

wordlover
4 hours ago, Luke said:

This is now in the catalog in the Metadata section. Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks.

@Vicpa @ginjaninja

I don't see this as an option in the Metadata settings for my Music library.

Manage Emby Server > Library > Music > library settings page

Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Edit: Oops - didn't realize it's a separate plug-in. Thanks very much - eager to test it.

Edited by wordlover

Hi,

Just installed.

Test: latest beta server, plugin.

1) Enabled the fetcher in all categories. Made them he lowest priority. This is probably the way, i would config in release.

Initial test was encouraging ...

Luke two UI ?s

this description was fetched from discogs. 

"A founding member of A founding member of [a=The Beach Boys], the only original member of the band who was not related by blood to the Wilson brothers (Brian, Carl, and Dennis) and their cousin, Mike Love. Born: September 3, 1942, Lima, Ohio, USA. "

This is an html link [a=The Beach Boys] can that be handled better? 

Is the discogs link going to be added? 

2043984782_Screenshot2022-11-01173152.thumb.png.33ed31bd6cc931b1b538aed1a8095e57.png

Can we get additional data from discogs? jeez sorry. want more already. 

Discogs has "Styles" would be great if that could be captured.

Will test more,

Thanks

-vicppa

8 minutes ago, Vicpa said:

Hi,

Just installed.

Test: latest beta server, plugin.

1) Enabled the fetcher in all categories. Made them he lowest priority. This is probably the way, i would config in release.

Initial test was encouraging ...

Luke two UI ?s

this description was fetched from discogs. 

"A founding member of A founding member of [a=The Beach Boys], the only original member of the band who was not related by blood to the Wilson brothers (Brian, Carl, and Dennis) and their cousin, Mike Love. Born: September 3, 1942, Lima, Ohio, USA. "

This is an html link [a=The Beach Boys] can that be handled better? 

Is the discogs link going to be added? 

2043984782_Screenshot2022-11-01173152.thumb.png.33ed31bd6cc931b1b538aed1a8095e57.png

Can we get additional data from discogs? jeez sorry. want more already. 

Discogs has "Styles" would be great if that could be captured.

Will test more,

Thanks

-vicppa

The links, probably not. We'll have to just strip them out or at least try to get them to present better.

But mainly this is another image source that will help increase the percentages of artists and albums with images.

wordlover

The new plugin did retrieve more Album Artist images than were in my music library before, but still not all. Also, the links at the bottom of Album and Album Artist pages do not include any link to Discogs, just to various MusicBrainz and TheAudioDB pages (example below).

Screenshot_20221101-153611.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ginjaninja

finding more images...in this situation it would be helpful if the missing metadata filter included primary image...so that all missing images could be selected to be refreshed quickly...unless im missing a better way of doing this..

edit just realised i need to select all / refresh missing metadata - shift select to select all.

am seeing a few "too many requests"...so possible need to throttle a bit more? 

2022-11-02 09:44:50.018 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.discogs.com/database/search?q=The 1975&type=artist
2022-11-02 09:44:50.232 Error App: Error in Discogs
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.15
	Command line: C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Nicholas Bird/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: TooManyRequests
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Discogs.Plugin.GetDeserializedResponse[T](HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsArtistProvider.GetSearchResults(ArtistInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsArtistProvider.GetMetadataResponse(ArtistInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsArtistProvider.GetMetadata(ArtistInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2022-11-02 09:44:50.306 Debug SqliteItemRepository: Public GetItemLinks
2022-11-02 09:44:50.307 Debug App: Running MusicBrainzArtistProvider for 1990s
2022-11-02 09:44:50.307 Debug App: Throttling MusicBrainz by 250ms
2022-11-02 09:44:50.557 Info HttpClient: GET https://musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/artist/007dbf51-6ee0-4038-8e90-94a954e25ca3
2022-11-02 09:44:50.675 Debug App: Running AudioDbArtistProvider for 1990s
2022-11-02 09:44:50.675 Info HttpClient: GET https://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/2139078587215309723505/artist-mb.php?i=007dbf51-6ee0-4038-8e90-94a954e25ca3
2022-11-02 09:44:50.725 Debug App: Running DiscogsArtistProvider for 1990s
2022-11-02 09:44:50.725 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.discogs.com/database/search?q=1990s&type=artist
2022-11-02 09:44:50.948 Error App: Error in Discogs
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.0.15
	Command line: C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19044
	Framework: .NET 6.0.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/Nicholas Bird/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\Nicholas Bird\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: TooManyRequests
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Discogs.Plugin.GetDeserializedResponse[T](HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsArtistProvider.GetSearchResults(ArtistInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsArtistProvider.GetMetadataResponse(ArtistInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsArtistProvider.GetMetadata(ArtistInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja
12 hours ago, Luke said:

The links, probably not. We'll have to just strip them out or at least try to get them to present better.

But mainly this is another image source that will help increase the percentages of artists and albums with images.

I am getting some good descriptions where i had none before

Independent rock collective from Calgary, Alberta, led by and performing the songs of [a=Mark Andrew Hamilton]

maybe the text replacement engine used in profanity filtering in subtitles could be wired in to post process discog descriptions and replace "[a=%useful%]" with "%useful%"

i think discogs also communicates bold, underline and italics in description, maybe they can be stripped out.

[b]Note: For early ([i]pre-1975[/i]) releases by [u]the group[/u] named '[i]Alice Cooper[/i]', please see the band page for[/b] [a=Alice Cooper]. Alice Cooper (born February 4, 1948, Detroit, Michigan, USA) is an American singer, songwriter and actor. Originally named [a495520], and a member of [u]the band[/u] '[i][a48433][/i]', he later

Edited by ginjaninja

Happy2Play
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

I've pushed an update to the musicbrainz plugin to start grabbing this information. If you keep it enabled and prioritized ahead of discogs, then that will save a request with discogs because we won't have to do a search to lookup the id.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Luke said:

I've pushed an update to the musicbrainz plugin to start grabbing this information. If you keep it enabled and prioritized ahead of discogs, then that will save a request with discogs because we won't have to do a search to lookup the id.

excellent, thanks.

wordlover

The new combo still isn't retrieving images for a lot of Album Artists. For example "Robin Holcomb" - there is no artists image in Music Brainz, but there is an artist image in Discogs, which hasn't been retrieved by Emby after two full runs over two different days of Scan Library Files and and Refresh Metadata. Also, no link to Discogs from the Album Artist page in Emby.

1 minute ago, wordlover said:

The new combo still isn't retrieving images for a lot of Album Artists. For example "Robin Holcomb" - there is no artists image in Music Brainz, but there is an artist image in Discogs, which hasn't been retrieved by Emby after two full runs over two different days of Scan Library Files and and Refresh Metadata. Also, no link to Discogs from the Album Artist page in Emby.

Hi there, we're happy to help.

Thanks.

Happy2Play

But dev needs logs with specific example to potentially see why you are not getting images.  As it could be too many requests as mentioned above.

Dev may need to know all metadata/image provider orders.

Happy2Play

Is provider limited to first image?  But appears to be related to authentication as the unauthenticated does not provide image urls. 

Could we enter personal tokens?  Or is there authentication behind the scenes?

https://api.discogs.com/artists/10514

Images for Archie Shepp (discogs.com)

image.png.e0da0a1d21b8db49357782b36cef083d.png

How does this apply?

Rate Limiting 
Requests are throttled by the server by source IP to 60 per minute for authenticated requests, and 25 per minute for unauthenticated requests, with some exceptions.

28 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Is provider limited to first image?  But appears to be related to authentication as the unauthenticated does not provide image urls. 

Could we enter personal tokens?  Or is there authentication behind the scenes?

https://api.discogs.com/artists/10514

Images for Archie Shepp (discogs.com)

image.png.e0da0a1d21b8db49357782b36cef083d.png

How does this apply?

Rate Limiting 
Requests are throttled by the server by source IP to 60 per minute for authenticated requests, and 25 per minute for unauthenticated requests, with some exceptions.

How many image choices are available in the manual image downloader?

Happy2Play
Just now, Luke said:

How many image choices are available in the manual image downloader?

Just one.

image.png.846f420de2eb188a7d73b92fa8c79d28.png

CarlosLima
On 11/2/2022 at 8:48 AM, Happy2Play said:

image.png.a1a8630fd05da9ed7889cdd243225033.png

I installed the plugin. I processed the general screening twice two days ago.
I don't see the Discogs link as in the image.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, CarlosLima said:

I installed the plugin. I processed the general screening twice two days ago.
I don't see the Discogs link as in the image.

Did you enable the provider on the library and Refresh metadata?

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Yup. I am now processing a general scan.

Not a scan, a refresh on the library to refetch to get this ID. 

I made MBZ primary provider as they have Discogs id for a lot of media also.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...