Recording on user basis ?

NthrnNYker58

NthrnNYker58

Well, here's a possible feature request (unless it already exists and I don't have the correct way to implement it)......

Well, here is my issue ...... I have 7-8 'emby connected' users that access my Emby server --- on that server, I have a bunch of tuner cards that pick up my local OTA stations (58 of 'em), as well as a BUNCH of m3u streams that I distribute to those users.

All of those users (Family & friends - strung out across the country) like to record OTA content, as well as content from those m3u streams.

Unfortunately, those users are a mixed bag --- young single adults, as well as more settled, middle-aged adults with young kids ... and sometimes, their ...ahem.... 'recording preferences' do not coincide..... ie; R-rated content or worse vs. Peppa Pig. Some of those users have complained to me about questionable content being placed in the in the same recording folders that their children have access to.

So, my question is ---- I know that common (global) recording folders are located @ the LiveTv/Advanced tab and can be modified from there ---- what I was wondering if a few modifications -- feature request, if you will --- can be made to modify the location of those recording folders on a 'per user' basis rather than globally ?

Setting up different recording folders for each user so that other users cannot access or even see was the easy part and very doable ----- I just don't know how -- or if a method exist ---- that would direct recordings to those segregated recording folders on a per user basis. 

(plus it gets REALLY complicated to cull no-longer-wanted recordings from 8 users)

Would that be something that might be doable ?

Edited by NthrnNYker58

Hi, there's already an open request (actually a few with different angles) for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at:

• Like 1