Live TV tabs - Guide first

CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy

#6 and #74 are basically the same. My bad for not noticing #6 first.

"This isn't happening by itself. The button order should not be different from the Live TV tab order. If you want to talk about changing the tab order, we can, or if you want to talk about customizable tab order, we can. These would impact every Emby app. Please use a feature request topic. "

I prefer that Guide would be the first tab, as it is in ATV now, or the ability to set the order. I never use "programs" so it's wasted clicking to get past it. Obviously this isn't a priority.

I searched to see if anyone made this thread yet, sorry if I missed it. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

unisoft

If you mean the tile that says GUIDE under the top one saying CHANNELS when in horizontal view then I also agree, the order should be switched around so you see the guide first. I'm guessing it is a space issue in the guide page though where to put the other tile options on that page.

I believe they are talking about right here:

image.png

In a touch interface, it really doesn't matter much but in TV mode, when you navigate with a remote, the first button should be the one most people are most likely to want to use most.  IMO, that would be the guide as well.

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

CBers
21 minutes ago, ebr said:

the first button should be the one most people are most likely to want to use most.  IMO, that would be the guide as well

As per the ATV app.

This was brought up a while ago though, as I asked that the Web Client did the same as the ATV app, or vice versa.

• Agree 2

CharlieMurphy

Exactly. I use guide the most by far. When I observe others using Emby, I see them in 'Programs' only because they got lost. Obviously there are more important things but I just wanted to put this out there.

• Agree 1

SikSlayer

Agreed. The guide should be first. It's simple logic.

That would make it all line up an alphabetical order too. 😅