Cannot Refresh Metadata for Collections

iamthedude

iamthedude

Hi there,

according to some forum entries, I should be able to refresh Collection metadata from either the Home Screen or the Library in settings.

I don't have an option for that in either of them. How can I refresh my Collection metadata?

I had a crash and the library main photo got all screwed up.

Running version 4.7.8.0

many thanks in advance

iamthedude

Hi Luke,

yes, I've tried scanning the movie library (can't do anything with the Collections library), but to no avail.

I've tried refreshing meta data for all of the collections (under the Movie library in collections). Didn't help either.

Just to be clear: I am trying to refresh my main thumbnail for the Collection box on the home screen.

I don't want to upload just any thumb, but have it created from the actual library.

many thanks

Happy2Play

Correct the Collection library does not have context option to Refresh.

Current option is multi-select shift select all Collections in the library and Refresh.

iamthedude
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Correct the Collection library does not have context option to Refresh.

Current option is multi-select shift select all Collections in the library and Refresh.

Hi, 

yes, I did that. Didn’t do anything, though.

I’m out of ideas.

many thanks!

Happy2Play
Just now, iamthedude said:

Hi, 

yes, I did that. Didn’t do anything, though.

I’m out of ideas.

many thanks!

What does that mean?  What exactly are you expecting as it does Refresh from provider assume provider is enabled and it is an actual provider collection.

Log should show reaching out to provider per Collection providerid.

iamthedude
8 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What does that mean?  What exactly are you expecting as it does Refresh from provider assume provider is enabled and it is an actual provider collection.

Log should show reaching out to provider per Collection providerid.

what I’m trying to do is re-create thumbnails for my libraries on the Home Screen.
I somehow trashed the preview thumbs for my libraries on my Home Screen. In order to fix that I  refreshed the meta data for all libraries. That did the trick, except for the Collections box.

I was able to refresh the meta data for all collections . But the box on the Home Screen will not refresh the thumbnail. So it just looks like a regular folder icon with „Collections“ printed on top. Refreshing all collections didn’t help with that. 

i know it seems trivial. But the optics of automatically created thumbs are so much better than when I have to create one from a screengrab and upload it.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, iamthedude said:

what I’m trying to do is re-create thumbnails for my libraries on the Home Screen.
I somehow trashed the preview thumbs for my libraries on my Home Screen. In order to fix that I  refreshed the meta data for all libraries. That did the trick, except for the Collections box.

I was able to refresh the meta data for all collections . But the box on the Home Screen will not refresh the thumbnail. So it just looks like a regular folder icon with „Collections“ printed on top. Refreshing all collections didn’t help with that. 

i know it seems trivial. But the optics of automatically created thumbs are so much better than when I have to create one from a screengrab and upload it.

All I did was delete the Collection Home Screen library image and do a full Scan via Scheduled task or Library.

iamthedude
9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

All I did was delete the Collection Home Screen library image and do a full Scan via Scheduled task or Library.

yeah OK, that works for me as well.

Before, I only refreshed the Movie library, as I supposed the Collections are gathered from it.

But doing a full scan did the trick!

thank you very much!

• Thanks 1