I can't launch a different audio language than the default

ambou75

Hello,

I have an issue on my new Samsung QLED QE55Q83B 4K 2022 (Model Code QE55Q83BATXXC) with the tizen app (I tried with latest version and older).

I have movies with multiple audio languages but when i launch the video, it use always french audio which is tag as default, whatever language i choose. I can switch subtitles without problems.

Do you have a solution ? Thank's

Edited by ambou75

Hello,

I have movies with multiple audio languages but when i launch the video from tv app (emby tizen), it always use the first audio language of the list, whatever language i choose. I can switch subtitles without problems.

I don't have problem when i use Windows app (Emby theater) or via web interface.

App Tizen Version : 4.7.8.0

Synology NAS with package Emby Server 4.6.7.0

logs_streaming.zip

3 hours ago, ambou75 said:

Hello,

I have movies with multiple audio languages but when i launch the video from tv app (emby tizen), it always use the first audio language of the list, whatever language i choose. I can switch subtitles without problems.

I don't have problem when i use Windows app (Emby theater) or via web interface.

App Tizen Version : 4.7.8.0

Synology NAS with package Emby Server 4.6.7.0

logs_streaming.zip 8.23 kB · 0 downloads

hi @ambou75 this is only a small snippet. Can you please attach the complete emby server log file? Thanks.

On 11/1/2022 at 5:40 PM, ambou75 said:

Yes, of course :)

For information, there are lot of different ip address in log file, my samsung tv use ip address 192.168.1.89 (this is this hardware which can't use my audio language selection).

Thank's

embyserver-63802854000.zip 568.7 kB · 0 downloads

Can you try updating to Emby for Samsung 1.4.8 and see if that helps? Please let us know. Thanks.

I use embyserver version 4.6.7.0 for synology and i use tizen link realesed 14 days ago and i can't find which version is in the zip, how can i find the version number of the tizen samsung client ? I only have the zip link. When i extract zip file i don't have a txt file or readme with the version number.

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you try updating to Emby for Samsung 1.4.8 and see if that helps? Please let us know. Thanks.

Luke, I don't think GitHub was updated.

I don't think the root cause is my emby server version because it was working on my previous samsung tv and it's still working with others clients (Emby Theater for Windows, android and web client.

Hello,

I have installed Emby Server 4.7.8.0 with a docker container and try with different movies to use the emby client 1.4.6 on my samsung tv and i have exactly the same issue.

Emby Client for samsung 1.4.6 only choose first audio language in the drop-down list.

Edited by ambou75

FrostByte
On 11/3/2022 at 4:52 PM, ambou75 said:

i could try to update emby server from my synology, but synology package manager does not offer me the latest version

Capture.JPG

You can download the spk and update by clicking Manual Install in Package Center also.  The Synology store is always behind as they do their own testing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

the video file starts successfully. But it's not possible to change audio line, although my selection is displayed in the frontend.
There is no difference if i change before i start the video or when I try to change the language after start.
 I changed the the sequence with external tool and could therefore determine that actually only the audio line 1 is played, no matter which setting is displayed.

Thanks for your support.

embyserver.txt

Yangorang

It would seem that regardless of having the "Play default audio track regardless of language" option disabled and selecting the language I want in Emby it still plays the default audio track regardless.  This is not an issue from the web client.