Kodi not properly syncing with Emby Server

Tormentor667

Tormentor667

Dear members and users,

I have a problem with my Kodi/Emby setup. I am running the latest version of Emby Server on my QNAP NAS. On top of this I have two Raspberry Pi’s running Kodi.

If I add new content to my Emby Server, it gets scraped perfectly fine and also gets scraped or imported into both Kodi units. Adding content works like a charm.

The actual problem comes with removing or renaming content. For example if I delete movies or tv shows in Emby, they were not automatically removed in Kodi. If I rename or move content in Emby, it gets added a second time in Kodi, making one entry in Kodi work, the other is part of the library but can’t be watched because the actual file is missing. Removing and renaming doesn’t sync.

What can I do here?

quickmic

Please try latest 7.x version and report if the issue still appears Caution! This will trigger a full Kodi db reset!!!

Maybe take a backup first.

log:

depends what Kodi image you use on your raspberries. For osmc it's in /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

quickmic

You can install 7.x version via sideload or use Kodi menu: add-ons -> install from zip file -> kodi.emby.media -> public testing -> 7.9.4 (currently the latest version)

Tormentor667

Thanks, I could install the 7.x version, now I need to test it again as the database got rebuild as you said. I will give feedback as soon as I have news.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Tormentor667

Okay, I retried it and the problem still exists. My Kodi frontend is not up to date with the Emby library.

Just to give you an example: I got myself Star Trek Discovery Season 1. I copied it to my NAS where Emby Server is running (QNAP). From there I used TinyMediaManager to scrape their content, move and rename the single episodes to proper subfolders with proper names.

In the meantime, Emby Server scraped how they were before and how they are after the improvements of TinyMediaManager, resulting in 2 entries for each episode, one with the original name which can't be found anymore and one with the new name which is working.

If I use Emby Theater on my PC, everything is set up fine. But the Kodi one is simply not perfectly synced with Emby Server. It seems like it is adding new content correctly, even saving the watched state but it is not removing missing or removed content.

quickmic

Please break it down to a reproducible test case. No TinyMediaManager and 3rd party tools should be involved.

I need exact step by step instructions, otherwise not possible to debug.

btw, when I say exact instructions, I mean every tiny detail.

Status of Emby server sync after each step (also review Emby media manager for the changed content), status of Kodi sync after each step. Report every restart of Kodi.

...literally everything

Reason: I tested similar cases and it was fine on my setup, anyway I'll perform another test but not convinced I find something.

Edited by quickmic

Tormentor667

Well, thanks for the reply. I changed my workflow now for any future additions to the database. First doing my TinyMediaManager scraping, then moving the content to my NAS and then let Emby do the rest. It works that way, that's all that counts :)

• Like 1