Trouble streaming AgentDVR feed through Emby

jayroos

I am trying to stream a feed of my home security cameras through Emby. I am using AgentDVR to combine them into one video so I can see multiple cameras at once. I have placed the stream URL into a .strm file. I have been able to successfully stream one camera directly at a time using Emby, but not the combined AgentDVR feed. I know the URL is good and works because I've tested with VLC.

I don't have any control over the codecs and container used by AgentDVR so far as I know. Is there anything I can do on the Emby side to get this working?

Log file attached.

ffmpeg-transcode-a8c79348-12e6-4ab0-b838-e5fe1c32a292_1.txt

daldana

Hi jayroos,

One way to do it is to create library just for this video.

I also use AgentDVR and just tested it with my url and using the same parameters you used (in my case, I had 7 cameras). So this is what I did;

1. Created a new folder called Agent DVR on my hard drive and moved the strm file into it.

2. Created a new library in Emby with the content being Movies and pointed it to the newly created folder. I unchecked everything in the setup (NFO, metadata, monitoring, etc.), hit save, then scanned the library.

3. When I want to watch the video, I open the library and play the strm file. It takes a little bit of time to start on my older Windows server, but it plays fine.

Hope this helps.