Emby created 240+ useless libraries on it's own...delete?

Ronstang

Ronstang

It appear as the download drive I had my libraries pointed at in me extra emby test server became unconnected when I was fussing inside the box.....as a result emby now has 240 "Recorded Movies" libraries ....how can I remove all these quickly and easily?

Ronstang

Not at first but after a server restart I could.....but I had to remove 239 libraries manually which was a pain in the rear.  I was wondering if there was a way to multi select and delete en masse. 

They are all gone now and I reconfigured the library to point to a drive that is actually there.  

Ronstang

This happened on version 4.7.8.0, I am running the stable version on my second server.  I think what happened is I disconnected the hard drive the recording library was on to do some work on other things as I did not need the server for a while and then emby reassigned a recording directory of it's own because it was default to the C drive location.  But I don't understand why it kept recreating the same library at the same location over and over again.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
On 11/1/2022 at 6:00 AM, Ronstang said:

This happened on version 4.7.8.0, I am running the stable version on my second server.  I think what happened is I disconnected the hard drive the recording library was on to do some work on other things as I did not need the server for a while and then emby reassigned a recording directory of it's own because it was default to the C drive location.  But I don't understand why it kept recreating the same library at the same location over and over again.

Pretty sure this exact scenario has been discussed before.  Sort of gets stuck in a loop as configured path in not available.